Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site so please be kind if I missed it in a search. The other day after coming off the highway from a 200 mi drive at 65mph the engine for a second, cut out when it was idling. It did this 3 times during an hour. Always while idling and never shutting off the motor. It has been fine for the last 2 weeks with no more problems but now am not comfortable with taking it out of town. Has anyone experienced anything similar? The truck is a 99 F250 SD, 7.3PSD, auto trans 4x4.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
welcome, that one is a little tough to diagnose, but I'd probably pull the ipr and make sure it's clean. someone else may check in also

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Kinda sounds like a classic CPS symptoms to me. Did you get a check engine light while it was happening?

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
I'm with Andy, I had it happen to me. My symtoms were just after startup and about a mile down the road it would cut out, no hicup just die. Got fed up with it because it was doing it more often. I got a new one thru the Ford recall. Call up a Ford service center and get a new one, unless yours been done already.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Go to an international dealer. Ask for a cam sensor for a DT444E late model. They are better than the grey ones from Ford.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Kinda sounds like a classic CPS symptoms to me. Did you get a check engine light while it was happening?
:whs:

That is exactly what mine did when the cam sensor was going out.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Go to an international dealer. Ask for a cam sensor for a DT444E late model. They are better than the grey ones from Ford.
Are these the new updated ones besides the hard to get Black International CPS's Andy?? I was going to direct the original poster to the IN. black one like I have but they are extreamly hard to find. Are these DT444 CPS's bigger in size also, my black side by side is a tad bigger than the Ford gray or blue..

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
They are black with a purple o-ring. Looks just like by original black one, but I didn't check that close. They are brand new (couple months). Cost less than 30 bucks.

IH part# 1876736C91

New International. Better than the Ford grey one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No check engine light. Called the dealer that services out int towtrucks and ordered it. Cost is $21.60 CDN. Worth it IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts