Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i got my truck apart down to the frame. i got the motor sitting on the stand, was thinking about building it cuz it runs really ####ty has a miss and is not tuned right either. the motor is all stock.here was my plan for it let me now what u think.

-beans stage 2's
-d66 turbo for beans
-aderaline HPOP
-arp head studs
-new head gaskets to support more boost
-smith brothers push rods
-910-16 - Comp Cams Single Valve Springs
-ccv mod
-Aluminum Intake manifolds
-fuel bowl delete with regulated return
-hypermax intercooler
know the other question i have will the stock piston and connecting rods handle all this or do they have to be upgraded. this is just what i would like to do, may have to down grade a little.i just want to make a sick daily drive that will smoke some little honda's. so let me know am open to ides
Edit/Delete Message

·
Banned
814 Posts
you dont need aftermarket intake manifolds... ones off a stock SD will work, stock SD intercooler will work also. stock pistons and rods should do fine. do an electric fuel system.

what tunes are you gonna run?? do you have exhaust, intake and gauges?? what about your trans???

·
Registered
467 Posts
Get with Dave from Swamps.
Thats were I got my Mahale Pistons they are .010 lower in hight .
That can compensate for decking the block and machining the Heads.

Swamps is also were I got My Smith Bros Push Rods.

Good Luck...
John

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you dont need aftermarket intake manifolds... ones off a stock SD will work, stock SD intercooler will work also. stock pistons and rods should do fine. do an electric fuel system.

what tunes are you gonna run?? do you have exhaust, intake and gauges?? what about your trans???
okay sounds good.i have an exhaust already on the truck,and intake and gauges. am running a stock zf5. i was thinking of beans tunes or is there someone better

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Stick with stock head gaskets and save some cash.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
I would do a different turbo....Why? Because the stock is a pita to remove..H2E or similar is much easier to work on and more reliable at 35+ pounds of boost. The d66 is a good deal but I don't like the stock turbo configuration IMHO the only reason is to save money!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts