Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do a coolant flush and replace all the parts the make sense, thermostat/housing, hoses, etc.

Is there any maintenance that can be done to the engine block heater? Is there a seal or o-ring that makes sense to replace at this time?

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
You can check it to make sure there it is not caked in corrosion, but otherwise there is no regular maintenance.

The heater uses a pipe thread to seal, so a little pipe dope on the threads would be all you need to re-seal.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
I would get the top hose for a dual alternator truck it keeps the hose far out of the way... other than that just look for cracks and such...

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I would get the top hose for a dual alternator truck it keeps the hose far out of the way... other than that just look for cracks and such...

The dual alternator top hose also goes behind the serpentine belt, not through it. Something really important when you break a belt on the side of the road, hitch a ride 25 miles into town, grab a belt, hitch a ride back, and commence to drain a bunch of fluid onto the ground because you have to pull the top hose.

Sorry for the three mile long sentence. But it is a three mile long sore spot.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
The dual alternator top hose also goes behind the serpentine belt, not through it. Something really important when you break a belt on the side of the road, hitch a ride 25 miles into town, grab a belt, hitch a ride back, and commence to drain a bunch of fluid onto the ground because you have to pull the top hose.

Sorry for the three mile long sentence. But it is a three mile long sore spot.
Puzzy :D !! You said you had a sore spot just sayen ....................

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yeppers, BTW, O'Reilly's calls it the improved top radiator hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts