Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys iam in need of a seet of body mounts so i went onto the energy suspension site an orderd a set but they dont seem to look right. can any one give me a part number for a 4 door to compare with mine?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
44107r is the part number they sent me.... does that sound right to anyone?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I can look when I get home. I bought the kit but decided to just replace the body mounts with the rubber ones to keep the noise down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey you live in lksd??? so do i

·
Registered
388 Posts
hey you live in lksd??? so do i
wow, I could tell by looking at both of your avatars, not your locationLOL

I guess I just don't get it, my truck sits pretty close to level and I hate it, can't wait till I get time to put my SD springs and blocks in so the rear will sit back up where it should....but I'm just a hillbilly a heck of a long way from the left coast;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahahahahaa the left close lol now that hill billy :hehe: ya here in sd youve got to be down with the stylistics :cool:

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
44107r is the red ones like mine and 44107g is the same ones in black. That is the correct part number as I just bought them the other week and put them in with my new body lift at work last week. I learned a trick to seperating the upper and lower halves of the body mounts since they are flare fit together when assembled at the factory. What I did was to find a much longer bolt with the same thread to it and remove the factory bolt and with a 3 pound hammer I smacked the head of the longer bolt which knocked the two halves apart with ease. I made up a tool like their directions say to but when you get to the driver side rear mount you will see that it is up in behind the front fuel tank with no possibility of getting at it with the tool. Not to mention that one good solid hit with the hammer was way faster than trying to use the tool anyway. You will need a spare set of hands to put the new mounts in or you will need to become real flexible. :).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awsome man, thanks for the word. thats what i was looking for.... you notice anything different in cab noise, or ride quality?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Ride quality is much firmer as far as the body doesn't have any flex now sue to the much harder compound of the new body mounts. Cab noise really didn't change much at all. I haven't been able to really test it though as I have only driven it around the shop lot as my trans is shot. I will be putting the new trans in Tuesday or Wednesday if it shows up this time. It got sent to the wrong place first time around. Shipping guy got fired over this one. Sent my trans to North Dakota and that guys trans to me and I am in PA. I will test it out when I get the new trans in and post up what if any real world differences I notice.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dang id be pretty upset about the inconveinence... sorry to hear. that would be great iam gonna try to get mine installed this week. but i dont know of its gonna happen. but deffinetly next week if not this week. what was your reasoning for replacing your mounts? my driver side ones where compressed so my cab is leaning to the left and its squeeks and makes some poping noises

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I had to replace the radiator support due to it rotting out at the cab mounts and the cab mounts were pretty shot anyway so I figured since I was doing the lift and the radiator support as well I might as well replace the mounts since I was in there. Now the body all lines up like it is supposed to and no more noises. It had enough flex that it cracked my windshield so that is on the list to fix next. Yeah I am going to do a post up of my experience with this trans company and let them know I have distributed my experience with the thousands of powerstroke members here and on the other boards. I think that might dip into their profit margin a bit. It is the least I can do for them since they were so concerned with getting things straightened out. They were more concerned with picking up the wrong tranny from me then they were getting mine to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts