Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 F250 6.0 turbski, 6 speed standard
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently changed the steering wheel and clock spring on my base model truck so I can have a cruise control. Everything plugged right in, and went right together. But now I gotta enable the cruise function in the ECM. Does anyone know of a tool I can buy to enable it myself? A dealer is gonna charge me $160 just to enable one setting. So If a tool costs me $150 or something like that, then it seems like a no brainer to just buy the tool. And then be able to use it for other things, too.

(UPDATE) I went to test it out on a country road, and it was already enabled on my truck. It only works if you're going 30 mph or better according to the owners manual.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently changed the steering wheel and clock spring on my base model truck so I can have a cruise control. Everything plugged right in, and went right together. But now I gotta enable the cruise function in the ECM. Does anyone know of a tool I can buy to enable it myself? A dealer is gonna charge me $160 just to enable one setting. So If a tool costs me $150 or something like that, then it seems like a no brainer to just buy the tool. And then be able to use it for other things, too.
Forscan would be where I would look but I'm not sure if that option is available. Not something I have ever looked for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 F250 6.0 turbski, 6 speed standard
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forscan would be where I would look but I'm not sure if that option is available. Not something I have ever looked for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
After reading the owners manual, I took it out for a test drive. It was actually already enabled.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Thats usually the case.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts