Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here had empire tune their truck and how do you like it if you do honest opions are what im looking for currently I have swamps tunes and dont get me wrong I absolutly love them but some things Id like adjusted and dont wana keep sending my chip back to get reburned till I feel its to where I want it. and since Empires pretty much right down the road and currently building my engine i was wondering what yall though if anybody has had them live tune there truck i know they do amazing on Duramaxes but what about the powerstrokes? Or should I just wait and take a trip down to swamps sumtime and have them do it? and btw this is a DD and tow rig so im looking for lonjevity not just balls to the wall take as far as she goes and pray daily she dont blow

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Long shot ....maybe get swamps to send empire the tunes and have them load it.

Course that is a leap of faith on both parties, but both are top knotch companies, might ask.
I didn't know empire tuned a lot

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before when i first go my tunes dave told me he could send their tunes out to empire and then empire put them on for me since empire and swamps apperently do alot of work together. I know that chad at empire does alot of live tuning on dmaxes so i just figured they probably did live tuning on psd to but maybe im wrong?

·
Supercharged
1,218 Posts
My truck is currently at Empire as well. I know they have a burner and I am sure they would work with you one way or another. But I dont believe they tune themselves with the 7.3l PSD's Give Chad a call he is there until noon today.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i seen ur truck sittin out back all tore down when i went up to their open house last month i believe

·
Registered
686 Posts
Jonathan at Beans sends me a chip when I want a tweaking. Then I put it in and send the old one back to him. Awsome dudes at beans!!!!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe ill have to call swamps and see what they can do because that sounds like a great system to me maybe theyll do something similar or like said above send differnt tunes to empire and then empire just load em for me till we get it right

·
Supercharged
1,218 Posts
i seen ur truck sittin out back all tore down when i went up to their open house last month i believe
Its there, Probably getting moldy from lack of use. lol. I can't wait ti get it back. How far along are they on your engine? You just dropped of the engine and not the whole truck correct?

Mind sounds like it should be running fairly soon. Just don't know when I will be able to make the flight out to drive her home yet.. Might have to stay there a few extra weeks, with Thanksgiving coming up and some other plans here I can't break..

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i droped off just my engine the day before your truck showed up. They keep sayin it should be dun every week haha but apperently my pistions and such havent come back from the coaters yet they were suposed to be there 2 weeks ago but havent showed yet once they get back buddy said it should be ready I cant wait its depressing just looking at my truck out back without an engine and unable to drive it itd come in pretty helpful to here lately I cant wait. I call probably everyday just to see because i guess im gettin impatient haha they probably hate me by now im sure

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who sells the burners? and any idea what they typically run

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,994 Posts
Swamps, Power Hungry Performance
About $200-$250
You will need the software to run it. Get the details from the vendors.

·
Supercharged
1,218 Posts
yeah i droped off just my engine the day before your truck showed up. They keep sayin it should be dun every week haha but apperently my pistions and such havent come back from the coaters yet they were suposed to be there 2 weeks ago but havent showed yet once they get back buddy said it should be ready I cant wait its depressing just looking at my truck out back without an engine and unable to drive it itd come in pretty helpful to here lately I cant wait. I call probably everyday just to see because i guess im gettin impatient haha they probably hate me by now im sure
Wow and I thought me calling about once a week or two was calling alot. lol.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I understand you being anxious to get your engine back but bugging them all the time is not going to help a thing. Its one thing to call once a week but daily and id put your ass on the ignore list pretty damn quick.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont really call everyday its actually more like every 3 days or so but seems like everday. ussually mon wed and fri

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.