Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cincy Powerstroke
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a dbl din dvd player in my 05 250. I pulled the dash off and unplugged all the plugs with it, installed the dvd player and put it all back..

I also connected a wire to upfitter switch #2 to see if it would work as a bypass for the dvd player, it didnt- so far..

Now my dash cluster lights or my fogs do not light up?? Ive checked all plugs and fuses inside the truck. Is there a relay or fuse outside that control these things, or something im missing?.. So far this is all that has been affected.

Thanks

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
You may have blown a fuse connecting the upfitter switch for the bypass. For a bypass switch you normally need a momentary switch so it interuptes ground and then reconnects and stays grounded. Some instructions will say that in some cases you have to release the parking brake then reengage it. Sames thing for the switch. Also, check make sure your dimmer switch is all the way on and not dimmed.

·
Cincy Powerstroke
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dimmer doesnt work either... forgot to mention that

·
Registered
187 Posts
if you want bypass the dvd....just don't hook up the sensor wire....I think it was a ground on mine...still hook up the dvd ground though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts