Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i just replaced all of my injectors on my 2002 7.3L and it is still running rough. hooked it up to my mechanics computer and ran an injector test several times on it and every time it was saying that different injectors were bad. what could this be? maybe the main wiring harness or is it something else?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Did u replace your uvch ?

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i replaced both uvch. still has the same problem. and yes I'm talking about the buzz test

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i could probably get one from the salvage yard that my mechanic also owns

·
Registered
853 Posts
Did the new uvch come with the clips that the 50 cent mod was created for that's what it sounds like to me I bet its not getting good connection look up the 50 cent mod that will let you know if that's what ur experiencing or not

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have the edge on it anymore. and I'm not sure, ill have to look again when i get the chance

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay so my truck is still down. I swapped out the icp sensor with one from a running 7.3L and it didn't change anything. the buzz test showed that all the injectors were working properly. when I did a cylinder contribution test, it keeps showing that the #3 cylinder injector is bad, but I've had 3 different brand new injectors in there. what else could this be??? ebp sensor? ipr sensor? idk, y'all tell me.

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also there is white smoke coming from the exhaust constantly at idle and while going down the road. I could only get up to 65mph.

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump. i need some help quickly!

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no i didn't. should i do that before I do anything else?

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
That is personally what I would do if I constantly see white smoke out of the exhaust and also a failure on the same cylinder with multiple new injectors. Although possible it seems unlikely you would get that many bad ones. They way a contribution test determines if an injector is bad on a certain cylinder, it seems that low compression might be your problem. Just my .02.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
how many miles have you drove since you installed the injectors? and as for your number 3 hole showing up on contribution tests, it could be low compression, bad injector, faulty uvch, etc... another thing to think about, its been documented the grey cps's will sometimes cause 3 and or 8 contribution codes, when in fact, there is nothing wrong

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll get a compression test done then. I havent driven many miles after the new injectors because the truck has been so sluggish bein that its acting like 1 injector is out with the smoking n stuff. It was showing 3 and 8 were bad for a little while and then it stopped showing 8. And did you mean to say icp? Instead of cpc

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh okay. Would that sensor being out cause the truck to act like its running on only 7 cylinders?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd pull the injectors out and I'm thinkin torn oring or copper washer that fell out of place or even double copper washer but most likely copper washer out of place

1 - 20 of 22 Posts