Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says im wondering if i can take the old pump in the valley and replace it with a sd pump or similar. i know i have to have a regulator. and can i keep the stock fuel bowl or what. i would like to get rid of that thing but even 600 bucks for a complete setup still seems expensive. im told that with the stg 2s im getting that without elec fuel that i will be robbed of 50 hp, cant have that happening. please point me in the right direction here guys. thank you.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what year for buying the sd fuel pump?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Pretty sure any 7.3 sd will do you just fine.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I went with DieselSite's CPR system. AWESOME, comes with EVERYTHING you need and AWESOME instructions. can be done in a day.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
what year for buying the sd fuel pump?
I went to the wreckers and bought two total $100.00 still working on the first one they are both 7.3 pumps. My sig truck is gonna get the 6.0 pump as it has built in filter, fuel heater and water sensor. As well a cool weather circuit that re routes fuel from the return into the feed line by passing the tank. Hope to get it done this summer.

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
I went to the wreckers and bought two total $100.00 still working on the first one they are both 7.3 pumps. My sig truck is gonna get the 6.0 pump as it has built in filter, fuel heater and water sensor. As well a cool weather circuit that re routes fuel from the return into the feed line by passing the tank. Hope to get it done this summer.
That would make for a nice write up hint hint.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Yup 'k Tom I will take pix and do a write up last time I didn't have a digital camera iirc....now with the Nikon D90 will be easier. Just have to make some time to get er done....workin lots away from home so time is a premium right now

jrc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts