Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1997 F250 7.3. I put an electric fuel system on a few months back and it worked perfectly until now. The other day i was driving and it was running rough and erratic and wanted to stall when i was slowing down. I started it up and turned it off a few time when i got home and now it wont start.

First i changed the CPS because i had one and no difference. Then i noticed i didn't hear my fuel pump kick on when i turned the key, usually noticeable. I got out and checked the pressure gauge on my regulator and no pressure 0psi.

I have power to my relay and pump. just changed the pump because i had a new one laying around just in case and it still doesnt kick on.

Any advise on what to check next?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You have electrical potential (aka Voltage) getting to your pump but no true electrical power (current) which is what will spin it up. Check you grounds as Nex points out and also look closely at your fuses. It is possible to pop one in such a way as to give a voltage reading but allow no current to pass (the blown fuse acts as a high ohm resistor).

·
Registered
795 Posts
I advise you to fully-describe the truck & its modifications in your signature so we know what you're talking about, and post LOTS of pics of all its mods, the electric fuel pump, the battery terminals, the underdash wiring, and anything else that might be relevant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts