Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
No Hole Too Deep or Slopy
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is swapping the fan on a 6.0 to an electric worth the few extra bucks. if so what cfm should i use? twins better than 1 large?

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Ive read some where on here that the factory fan blows like 10,000 cfm and no ones been able to find any e fan that could come close to touching that.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
It's nowhere near 10,000cfm

If you only tow light and wanna free up a few hp then go for it. If you tow heavy then pass on them. Most kits you can buy use dual fans.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i rarely do any towing, if i do its light. mostly just lots of hwy miles.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, any one running an electric fan on a 6.0l?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
i do
but it is just to enhance the AC in summer at stop lights
I also have the snowplow fan clutch ready to install ( AKA the AZ fan clutch)

it is a little more active than the regular clutch because the snowplow blade blocks air flow

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Zirgo makes a single 16" at 3630cfm
A pair of those would likely handle any heavy towing a person would do short of a hot shot driver pulling max gvwr every day.
My twin 16" fans pull about 5000 cfm combined and have never let me down towing up around 6000 lbs.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Zirgo makes a single 16" at 3630cfm
A pair of those would likely handle any heavy towing a person would do short of a hot shot driver pulling max gvwr every day.
My twin 16" fans pull about 5000 cfm combined and have never let me down towing up around 6000 lbs.
You wanna share a picture of the twin 16" fans?

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Google the 7.3 Flex A Lite kit. I use that shroud with Derale fans.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have the 7.3 flex-a-lite kit on my truck. Been running it since last september. So far so good...and love them. I believe they pull around 6400cfm's

·
In The Passing Lane
198 Posts
could they handle the AC at full blast in 115-120* with much hotter road temps running across the CA or AZ desert? im gonna assume it couldnt handle those conditions with a 5-6k boat in tow?

Garrett

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
could they handle the AC at full blast in 115-120* with much hotter road temps running across the CA or AZ desert? im gonna assume it couldnt handle those conditions with a 5-6k boat in tow?

Garrett
Well just ask Shawn and Tyler. Shawn towed Tyler's truck to the DP challange a few years back with them on with no issues what so ever towing at least 12K. Also neither of them had it wired to the AC and i dont either.

·
In The Passing Lane
198 Posts
hmm... might have to add them to my never-ending list.

Garrett

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I can always install a switch to turn them on manually whenever i wanted also. But the reason i didn't hook the AC wire up is cause Jeremy(lubeowner) said it would matter with the way the AC sensors are...post #53 Here's a thread of mine from the diesel garage.
a lil fan upgrade - Page 6 - TheDieselGarage.com

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Mine fire off the AC clutch...when it engages, the fans come on at 100%.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts