Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about keeping the EGTs down to help with mpg but its really hard to keep mine below 600. I have dual stacks, afe stage II intake, and a chip. I dont know if those will help lower them or not but is there anything else to get them lower?

I was also wondering if any of the additives that are on the market actually help mpg or do anything? Some people people told to stay away from them and others say to use both fuel and oil additives? I'm still learning and tryin to figure out the right answers instead of hear say haha. thanks in advance

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some people told me it did. so i was making sure before i screw anything up or waste money.

anybody know anything else on how to get egt down?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even if i keep my foot out of it and keep the rpms low my egt goes up to around 7

·
Registered
59 Posts
i had a leaky up pipe.. fixed it and egts dropped about 100*

I

·
0 Posts
What do you have for a truck? My 6.0's benifit from adding Motorcraft cetane performance improver.. I do notice better throttle response, smoother idleing, and it helps to keep my EGR system working properly.. Most cetane rating's at the pump are 34-40, (not good).. If I run out of it, my truck runs like azz...

·
Registered
168 Posts
mine are in the 600 range going around 70mph. It also depends on what tune i'm running...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a 7.3, is that Motorcraft cetane performance improver expensive? ive never heard of it.

someone was telling me to put diesel klean. arnt there 2 kinds though?

I

·
0 Posts
i have a 7.3, is that Motorcraft cetane performance improver expensive? ive never heard of it.

someone was telling me to put diesel klean. arnt there 2 kinds though?
It's $36.00 a gallon.. 8oz per tank, they say use 4oz but I put 8oz.. Power service diesel kleen is okay but it's not as concentrated and IMO doesn't work as well.. I do use the white bottle in the winter, it has antigel in it and it works.. The gray bottle doesn't have antigel in it, it's used when it's warmer..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where can you get the motorcraft stuff at?

I

·
0 Posts
where can you get the motorcraft stuff at?
I buy it at the dealer.. You can buy it from a couple of places online but by the time you pay shipping you may as well buy it at the dealer.. Give your local dealer a call and see what they get for it.. You save a bunch of money buying it by the gallon..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you think itll work just as good in my 7.3 as you 6.0?

you put in every tank or just one every few tanks?

·
LuvMyFORD33
9 Posts
I like to run a diesel clean in mine every other tank or so (8 oz treats 30 gal) - u get a cetane boost & helps keep injectors clean, which on the 6.0 is a must. I am running an economy chip on my truck & getting 21 mpg all purpose, lose 3 mpg hauling my bass boat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts