Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the max egt u can run intill u need too shut the engine off?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but wats the max temp u wanna hit tho?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just makein sure i just got a set of beans stage 1's n chip n im goin to try em out after work :pullover:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
if you have a stock turbo 1200's gonna come up pretty quick

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
if you have a stock turbo 1200's gonna come up pretty quick
:whs:

1200 would be about the max for a couple minutes. If your gonna be going in bursts i would'nt be afraid of 14000-1500 if your going to immediately be idleing it down. But that's your judgment. You now have a baseline and push it as far as you want.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
next step D-66 and intercooler :)

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
you dont shut it off when you hit a high egt you let it idle down to about 300 then you can shut it down.
300 is hard to let it idel down to that would take minutes... I like to let mine idle down to 400 then I let it idle for another 30 to 45 seconds to make sure its cool... You will see high EGT's on your hot tune but dont be affraid to hold it to it for sort bursts. Arnt some seeing over 1600 while doing a sled pull?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got a intercooler on its way. i wanna d66 but its haveing to wait due to me buying a new house

·
Registered
817 Posts
The official Navistar recommendation is max sustained 1250 deg F. A lot of people use 1200 just to be safe. If you have a high idle setting on your chip, it will help get back down to 300 F on cool-down.

I've seen 1400 on short bursts already, hope to bring that down with my IC (hopefully in the next few weeks).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 12 of 12 Posts