Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any probe work with any gauge?? Does anyone have one for sale? I need the probe and threaded part for the down pipe.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
GOOD GRIEF !!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chill out man....Im new to this. I asked for help not for you to be a dick. Good thing everyone on this forum isn't like you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Contact the manufacture of your gauge for a replacement. I would do a search and install it in the drivers manifold to read pre turbo temps.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Contact the manufacture of your gauge for a replacement. I would do a search and install it in the drivers manifold to read pre turbo temps.
:whs: Pre turbo for the most accurate readings. If you go in the DP you are looking for troubles

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Back to my original question, I have a banks gauge, therefor I can only use a banks probe? or could I use any brand.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Eive seen a lot of people run them after turbo in the downpipes. Including mine. This is my 3rd diesel done this way.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I searched on here and a lot of good info on pre vs post turbo temps and the inaccuracy of post turbo. I installed mine just after the manifold connection on the uppipe

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
here is the install sheets for many years

http://www.dieselmanor.com/installsheets.asp

not sure what the Banks takes?? but most pyros are the same "type k" the US made ones have the red as negative and the imports have red as positive
the only other issue is if it has a special connector instead of the 2 wires like the insight did

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Wasnt being a dick, just some days. I have auto meter, and it comes with a yellow wire set, thing is its calabrated for the gauge and the wire lenth cant be shorten or lenthened. My thought was that yopu would need a sender made for that specific gauge in order for it the be right. I,m no gauge expert, but thats what I got out of reading on them.

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts