Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings PSN!, I have an '06 Powerstroke 6.0 and looking to add monitoring and maybe tuning. Is it true that the Edge gauges do not read OEM EGT and you have to install a probe? The Edge tech on the phone told me none of their products read the OEM EGT sensors which surprised me.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Instead of just researching the tuner/monitor, you should research the engine. 6.0 never came with a factory exhaust gas temperature sensor. That was more of a thing when diesel particulate filters came out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Instead of just researching the tuner/monitor, you should research the engine. 6.0 never came with a factory exhaust gas temperature sensor. That was more of a thing when diesel particulate filters came out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the re-direction. I will spend some time looking more into the 6.0 specifically. I was looking at the install info for Insight and saw this diagram which led me to believe the sensors were there. If not, how difficult to install the EGT probe? Just a drill and tap, then lead the cable?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Depends on where you place it, but generally yes. I drilled out my driver's side manifold just in front of the up pipe where it would be hottest. Others have done post turbo temps right behind the turbo. Some do pre turbo at the y pipe. If you do the manifold it's drill, tap, install. If on a pipe, you will have to use their band adapter which clamps a threaded holder onto the pipe....most cut the band off and mig weld that to the pipe.

Reactions: Tbirdsailor
1 - 4 of 4 Posts