Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put my truck back to stock, (remove my Mini Maxx and reinstall my DPF) to trade my truck in, do you think I will have a problem with my EGR Valve getting stuck open before my new truck would come in? Has anyone experienced any issues after returning their truck back to stock and should I do this prior to going to the dealer and asking for a trade in price?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I'm not real sure what you are asking....

There is a chance that the valve could be stuck closed if you have been running EGR delete tunes. If it's stuck, you could run the truck real hard once it's stock and try and free it up. You'll know pretty quick if it's stuck or not though. You'll get a CEL and P0401.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Pull it out and clean it up a bit and that could get you by just long enough to trade it in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read that the EGR valve can be difficult to remove. Is that true?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ya it can suck. You could just buy another one and replace it. But that's about 300.

Depending on how many miles are it will determine whether it comes out easy or not. I had to chisel my first one out. You can try to get it warmed up with a good drive then pull it while the engine is still warm. Be careful though if you get a pry bar on it and it's to much of an angle you will break it. I did that to egr valve number 2.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys. I still haven't decided if I am going to order a new truck or not. I just wanted to know what I have to do in case the EGR valve is stuck when I do return the truck to stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts