Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was having problems with to much boost and my uncle (master mechanic from ford) suggested I used my sct programmer to turn it off. With out a delete will this effect my truck in a negative way?

·
Registered
476 Posts
No negative effects. You'll need someone to write a tune to turn it off. I've ran mine off for several years.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Do you have custom SCT tunes? If so its already off

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
SCT canned tunes have a provision for no EGR now SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

but I don't see how this is contributing to an overboost situation ?
Just to clarify, it turns off the EGR valve and eliminates the codes you would get. It still does not take care of the fan clutch issue if you unplug the EGR valve and toss it in the trash. Wish they would fix this issue.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I actually don't have the fan issue unplugged but I don't have the very latest flash I have the one before it

no tunes custom or canned fix the fan issues IIRC so I didn't bother mentioning it

you just leave it plugged in and zip tie it out of the way to keep the ECM and fan happy as you know

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't say that the whole over boost thing is correct by any means becuz I did explain the issue over the phone lol. But anyways I just wanted to check with unguys before I go across the mountains and something goes wrong. Thanx for the help guys!

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance but what is the "fan issue"?
some trucks experience a fan clutch issue and a slight hotter temp IIRC
seems like the later flash caused this

solution plug the pigtail in to an EGR valve even if u have a full delete

Cheezit has confirmed this

1 - 12 of 12 Posts