Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everybody has there on way to get the egr valve out, but if someone has the tool ford uses (pn 303-760) and wants to give the diminsions for it. I can make one at work for a little of nothing. thanks

·
Who said that?
41 Posts
I made a pair of tools for this...

3/16 x 1/2 flat stock about 6" long. Grind a long single sided taper on one end. Put a 90deg bend (I used a heavy brake) about 3/4-1" back from the new edge.

The sharp ends wedge nicely under the flange on the valve. The 90deg bend gives a nice radius on the outside as a fulcrum for prying.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
by far the best tool for the job is a "ladys foot" or heel bar, whatever you want to call it, take the two 8mm bolts out then rotate the valve with the pointed end, then using the heeled part pry it up.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
by far the best tool for the job is a "ladys foot" or heel bar, whatever you want to call it, take the two 8mm bolts out then rotate the valve with the pointed end, then using the heeled part pry it up.
That is how I get them out as well. :D

Dave

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Haven't done it with one yet, but I absolutely agree after doing it a few times with regular pry bars. "Lady's foot" would make it a 2second job

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I picked up something similar to the ladies foot at HF yesterday, but haven't had a chance to work on the truck yet. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday that will happen. If what I bought doesn't work, I may try the hose tool next. Thanks.

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
I made a pair of tools for this...

3/16 x 1/2 flat stock about 6" long. Grind a long single sided taper on one end. Put a 90deg bend (I used a heavy brake) about 3/4-1" back from the new edge.

The sharp ends wedge nicely under the flange on the valve. The 90deg bend gives a nice radius on the outside as a fulcrum for prying.
Make me one of these Doug!!!

Travis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts