Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
Delete = remove or render the exhaust gas cooler inoperable. And remove and block off exhaust gas recirculation valve.
EGR Cooler = a device used to divert exhaust gasses back into the intake manifold. It uses engine coolant to cool down the gasses. The hot exhaust burns out the inside of the device causing coolant to leak into the compression chamber. BOOM bye bye head gaskets.

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
If you don't have emissions testing, go with the delete and never worry about that ticking time bomb again. If you must have the emissions equipment intact, go with a BPD EGR cooler. Better design than the factory piece.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Factory EGR coolers are known for their problems. Usually failing and dumping coolant into the intake and engine. EGR valves are know for sticking open and causing running issues. We use the Sinister kit with the preloaded tuner. Helps the engine run cooler and cleaner without the exhaust gas coming into the engine and you get rid of problems that are just waiting to happen. The EGR valve is on the front of the engine right behind the air intake horn where air enters the engine. The EGR cooler is on the passenger side top of engine. It is a tube that runs from the rear of the engine to the front under the intake and brings exhaust gas in to the intake.

Here is the advanced kit with up pipe - MKM Customs 6.0L Ford Powerstroke EGR Delete Kit

Here is the basic kit that is a little easier to use - 6.0L Basic Diesel EGR Delete Kit

Here is the SCT tuner that provides EGR tuning and easy to use for first time 6.0 owners - SCT Tuner SF3 3015 Power Programmer/Tuner

·
Registered
166 Posts
So does the basic kit really do anything for the motor? If so what does it do?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine has the small basic egr delete kit... I'm just worried of anything will fail on it... I have mine torn down right now replacing hpop.. and if anything I can or should do while I already have her down I want to do it..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts