Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 that has the EGR valve and cooler deleted. On my SCT X4 I have the EGR turned off, but if I check for codes, PO403 and PO405 always show backup. The CEL never comes on, just shows up on the tuner. Is this normal for the codes to still be showing on the SCT?

·
Train Whistlin' Ex driver
55 Posts
So far as I understand it the tune does suppress the codes, it just keeps the CEL from showing due to those codes (still comes on from other issues?). Mine has the cooler deleted, but the valve remains and I will occasionally get the P0401 "insufficient flow" code but no CEL.

·
Train Whistlin' Ex driver
55 Posts
So I meant to say "does not supress the code" meaning of course that the scanner will pick it up, it just won't throw the CEL. But it seems like you guys got what I was saying, despite my inability to proofread! Turd has a good suggestion, and I wonder if you could go through the pinpoint test and jumper the wires that are lacking the supply voltage from the valve without causing tremendous downstream issues? Probably not worth doing since the tune accounts for the valve being removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts