Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this seems normal? Quick Tricks advertises the best economy out of their looney tune (while keeping your foot out of it of course)

Did the full egr delete with the replacement up-pipe, and cleaned out my turbo (really really coked up)

It feels like its running a million times better, smoother and gobbs of power! I am more than willing to accept the MPG with this kind of performance, just want to make sure everything seems kosher.

I have probably dropped 3 mpg or so from the coked turbo, egr, and a hypertech max energy tuner on stage 3

Also, my truck (2005 f250) Has the less desirable vxcf4nk strategy. Would there be much of a benefit to have it updated with one of the newer ones? Or just leave it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
922 Posts
dont update the strategy. if anything send it to php and get it flashed to an eariler version. the new ones rob power and decrease fuel mileage. trust me i know because i have one of the newer ones right now and it sucks! and yes normally the high hp tunes get the best fuel mileage as long as you drive it normal

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I noticed a drop in fuel economy when I did my EGR delete. I have never cleaned my turbo in the 82K miles I have owned the truck. I still get close to 17 mpg hwy at about 70 mph and over 16 mixed driving with my Super Panty Dropper tune. I too am in contact with Bill at PHP regarding earlier strategy options since I am noticing a defueling of my motor when IATs exceed 80*F and this causes me to run more boost while cruising down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts