Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got the egrs off and put the deletes on. That was a big pain. After almost breaking my hand and 6 hours later i say it was a great idea to do it. The truck runs cooler and has better throttle response. I say it was a great idea. :evil

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes. Much, much easier! Maybe even remove the wheel, though I didn't remove mine. And, I beat my hands up pretty good, too. But, I'm so glad it's done!

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Fender skirt for the horizontal egr I'd assume, what chaos hides at the rear of that tho? And what fasteners can be expected to break or are still hidden? I thought I read somewhere there's one that stays hidden and you have to feel for it, not see it. Sounds like it would be a great candidate for having to ez-out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, you have to feel for 2 of the horizontal EGR bracket/manifold bolts. Or, you can leave the bracket on... It's not in the way of anything down there, and you could just reclamp the stays and tighten them down to keep them from vibrating. Either way works.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it would help to remove it but i did not remove mine. but now i hear a hissing sound like i have a leak somewhere but it is not coming out of the exhaust block plate. so i dont know where it is coming from. i think my down pipe is loose but i dont know. i have soot under my truck and back by the turbo on the drivers side now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
6 hrs? Nice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
did you flush the coolant too?

·
Registered
301 Posts
This job really is extremely simple. Only issue is fighting out the bottom cooler. Gotta spin and lift the front out and up to angle it out. I can usually do a egr delete in about 2-2.5 hours as long as one of the horizontal egr 10mm bolts don't round out. (ALWAYS USE A 6 POINT WRENCH ON THESE!!!! Learned from rounding out about 10 of these buggers)

·
Registered
301 Posts
They go from the back of the horizontal y pipe into the cooler. 2 10mm bolts. and if you can't break em free just get a torch and sometimes you can heat them up and take a pry bar and get inbetween the cooler and the head will pop right off. I try not to cut them with the torch and damage the y-pipe

·
9,453 Posts
Oh, they thread into the EGR cooler... So at the end of the day they don't have to go back in anywhere for things to work properly. I likey those kinds.

What happens to the exhaust tube that feeds into the EGR then? This is only on the driver's side of the motor, correct?

Bush Parts / n. / - Vehicle parts left over after a job is completed with absolutely no idea why they are still present. These items are then thrown into the bushes. See also Out of sight, out of mind

·
9,453 Posts
I see there's a sensor there... The ebpv is always deleted on my 7.3's when I'm in that neck of the woods, are they much more advanced and involved on the 6.4 tho? Where's the butterfly valve, at the end of the turbo right before the downpipe? I guess that question is moot tho, since it has to stay. Don't the tuners or can't the tuners accommodate for this going bye bye just like they do for so many other 'artifacts' on the egr and dpf?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts