Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I hear the EGR cooler helps relieve some back pressure I don't know if I am better blocking off the system with plates or keeping it open? I know a delete and wastegate would be best but not gonna happen for a good while after the money I just spent. I have S and B, Dash Daq, straight pipe turbo back on the way with 275 and 310. Thanks Sean!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly a bit worried about running the big tunes without a wastegate of sorts. But chances are I will be on the 275

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
the big tunes shut of the egr anyways dont they? so plate or no plate it wouldnt matter? or am i wrong there

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the plates i would assume you would not have the back pressure relief people claim.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
the big tunes shut of the egr anyways dont they? so plate or no plate it wouldnt matter? or am i wrong there
THe back pressure is high enough to overcome the spring pressure and releive the pressure. Everyone says with the plates they see a drop in egt,s which im sure is true because you are no longer getting by-passed exhaust in the intake...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you worried about the puking?
Puking and headgaskets. After reading around here for some time it is a concern.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Puking and headgaskets. After reading around here for some time it is a concern.

majority of the gaskets being blown im pretty sure are from high temps being held for long periods of time. that goes for any truck out there. 1600+ can be achieved VERY easy with the 310 tune and also the 275 not too far behind.

you cant go wrong with the plates but they wont due you any good with the higher tunes (275, 310) aside from the sut through the motor and the possibility of coolant going through the motor from a busted cooler.

some dont run plates and i took mine off cuz i didnt see any difference and i wasnt able to run the lower tunes if i wanted, at the time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
With the plates i would assume you would not have the back pressure relief people claim.
Correct, plates block off the EGR to prevent coolant get into the intake. The tunes 275/310 turn off the EGR anyway. Very few people claim to have had issues with the 275 and puking, although extended high temp/high pressure runs will certainly make things worse. I wouldn't hesitate to run the 275 without the EGR delete and waste gate, as long as you watch exhaust temp and exhaust back pressure.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct, plates block off the EGR to prevent coolant get into the intake. The tunes 275/310 turn off the EGR anyway. Very few people claim to have had issues with the 275 and puking, although extended high temp/high pressure runs will certainly make things worse. I wouldn't hesitate to run the 275 without the EGR delete and waste gate, as long as you watch exhaust temp and exhaust back pressure.
I hear it is the normal everyday driving that has higher back pressures than hitting it hard. That is what worries me. I beat on my diesel drag truck but don't plan on beating on this truck much. If these pressures are happening with everyday driving then I need to reconsider what tunes to run.

Sean all went well on installing everything today. All the parts you sent are top notch. You put a ton of time, emails and effort into my sale and support. Thank you!!!!! Only complaint I have is the Edge pod and the plate to mount the DD. Both could be improved upon for both quality and fitment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts