Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I did an egr delete on my truck about a week ago, maybe two.. Has ran perfect . At the time of the delete I swapped coolant from ford good to a cat lc1 coolant.. I ran ford gold for 2 years without issue..

Drove home from the girlfriends last night and coolant boiled over so much I thought I blew the j Hose on the delete.. I'm going to buy a new degas bottle cap just to make sure .. But I think I'm about to take the plunge..

Tips / pointers ? Thanks guys.

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
Don't jump to conclusions too fast. Bad belts, water pumps and tstat cause that crap also.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sitting here , my trucks idling .. I am watching my coolant level slowly increase.. I have gauges and my coolant temp has never been out of range 192 .

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time to go get a t and a pressure gauge

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tossed a new cap on .. Didn't seem to puke out but it is still leaking coolant from under the manifold.. I'm going to get a t and a pressure gauge . To double check pressures

·
Registered
78 Posts
under intake manifold??? If so Re-tighten your hose clamps on your egr delete. Most of the kits seam to loosen after the clamps wear into the hose.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep i will do that tomorrow , it's dry where it goes up into the manifold and wet on the turbo pedestal .. Could that be relevant to the obvious coolant puking from the reservoir ? Or two non related issues

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
What's the pressure?

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It took forever to read any pressure then it read about 5 psi. But I didn't do a wot run . And I don't know if it will give me a right pressure because there is a leak in the system

·
Registered
78 Posts
Head gaskets usually soak the wheel well when it pukes. I bet your coolant is spraying from the egr delete hose due to loose clamps onto pedestal.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It does look like it's leaking from the bottom of the hose on the j tube of the delete. I am going to replace that tonight. But it obviously has puked a little bit.. There's white crust inside the threads of the degas bottle. I replaced the cap and haven't noticed any more puking since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts