Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am completely ignorant to how the EGR system works. However, I do know I want to delete mine. ;) I may have a leaking EGR cooler. If I have a delete installed, would I need to fix the cooler or will the delete actually delete the cooler?

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
It would be a good idea to replace the oil cooler if you do replace/ remove the egr cooler. It is generally the cause.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm wondering if deleting the EGR will cause the tailpipe emissions to fail, even with a tune written specifically for it. Obviously, if the govt opens the hood and has a look it will fail...anyone been through emissions testing with one and a stock tune?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
I'm wondering if deleting the EGR will cause the tailpipe emissions to fail, even with a tune written specifically for it. Obviously, if the govt opens the hood and has a look it will fail...anyone been through emissions testing with one and a stock tune?
If you leave the valve plugged in you dont need a special tune...and with the valve there and no block off plate in place i dought they will see that the cooler is gone under the intake it would take some looking!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
What ever happened to all the EGR valve delete kits? Where you could replace the EGR valve with just a spool?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I don't want to look at it anymore...
I don't have the cooler at all, and the tuning has the EGR valve shut off, but I would rather have just a little bit more room under the hood, since I don't have the secondary fuel filter on anymore either.

·
Registered
695 Posts
why mess with the egr valve, if you just stop the egr from functioning and leave the cooler intact you still have hot exhaust gasses sitting in the cooler boiling your coolant.
My egr del was 2 plugs and a little welding with my mig welder! Costed about 3$

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
My egr del was 2 plugs and a little welding with my mig welder! Costed about 3$
ya all these are options but if you want it to be undetectible id do a up pipe the collant pipe and leave the valve there...No tuning needed no CEL and no inspector is gonna notice if you leave the valve...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts