Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just finished up the egr delete on my 6.0 after letting it rund adn driving it a little checking oil and coolent leves bolts and everything is ok. it starts up idles funny lumpy or lopey but when it kicks into high idle because its cold it sounds fine. but when normal idle sounds like a camed gasser. then when i put it into reverse or drive it truck shakes and feels like its missing adn shaking jerking motion but once i reach good speed or hammer down it doesnt. if where you plug into the injectors is broken and it may be missfireing will it throw a code? i have no code showing up. we are going to run a cylender ballance test. and see what comes up. any info would help i have to drive to california in 4 days.. will this hurt?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was cylinder 1 one of the prongs on the injector pig tail was pushed in took it apart n now runs great again :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's always a relief when it's the simple things... isn't.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I was prety worried fir a woke but thank god he had that snap on computer that ran a buzz test

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes I was prety worried fir a woke but thank god he had that snap on computer that ran a buzz test
i had the same thing happen when i did my delete. ended up that the clips that hold the plug in the rocker box were broken off. luckily it was #2 so i just pulled the dummy plug out of the valve cover and held it with a pry bar
:doh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts