Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me sort out this if possible? I currently run a SCT Livewire with DPF delete/RCD tuning. I want to do a EGR delete setup for reliability reasoning and I'm looking hard at the new RCD "complete" EGR delete setup but RCD states on their website that it only works with Spartan/H&S tuners. I don't really want to change tuners at this time. How do others get rid of the EGR valve completely and code free with the SCT?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm sure one of the tuner guys will chime in here, but the spartan/h&s tuners disable the egr valve on the higher tunes. Sounds like the sct still keeps it cycling, but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2008 6.4 litre with an sct exteme tuner with dpf delete and I sent my to idp and got a 5 custom tune/transmission tune and they did it for me and I just chose the option to turn off the egr.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I went to get some tunes at rcd as well and they told me their was no way to get around it and my truck should be running like #### and its the first truck hes heard of that runs good with full egr delete and a sct

·
Registered
900 Posts
My truck runs great with full egr delete and an sct with or wihout custom tunes.
Thats kinda what i was thinking because i dont have custom tunes so I cant see any reason my truck would be some freak of nature

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured if it would throw a code I could just plug the removed egr valve back into the harness to make it think it was doing something if necessary like the 05-07 6.0. It looks like crap under the hood, but code free and egr free is my goal.

thanks for the replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts