Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys first I am still fairly new to the diesel world and have yet to have this problem. Losing coolant, white smoke from exhaust pretty certain it is bad egr from what I have read. I need some help like best egr kit to buy? Delete egr or replace? What kit to go with for best results? What's parts do I need other than egr? Ballpark estimate on labor and parts? Any help is great. Thanks !

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Do you live in a state that has emissions testing?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I hear the GOGO one is pretty good, but I have the one from FCDP, get with ABrannan on here he can holp you out. you will prolly want to do a coolant filter set up and also change the oil cooler while you have it apart. you may also need a tuner to turn off the check engine light......

·
Registered
72 Posts
i like the gojo, im actually think about going with the bulletproof cooler, because im mowing to a state with emission standards. IM 04stroker. he sells the gojo delete and you'll need a tuner. which he has and will do some custom tunes for ya. plus hes a solid dude.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks guys I will keep all of this in mind. I'm gonna need new head studs and gaskets as well. I'm trying to figure out which set up to buy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Northwest Mississippi

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are a few shops around Memphis. Not a big select. Guys let me ask ya this when I talked to a guy at the shop that is prolly gonna do the work. He said he wouldn't worry with the egr cooler , he would just do gaskets and head studs?? Sound ok or should I do egr delete

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
If you are doing gaskets and studs no reason not to do egr delete. It's no extra labor if the cab is off. Just make sure he knows what he's doing so you don't have to get them done again

·
Registered
85 Posts
get the sinister kit with sct programmer only like 660 bucks plus or minus 30 bucks. i dont know how much in labor i just did mine myself

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's what I was thinking might as well do the egr delete while I'm at it .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts