Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on a budget with my truck as far as mods. For now it is stock with a 4" turbo back. I am wandering will the egr block off kit be as good as the delete if so which one should i get. I have searched and searched and still undecided. Later on i plan on doing studs i dont plan on running any tunes i just want to do this as a preventitive measure. Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It is not as good as a full delete but it will stop exhaust from flowing into the intake. I have FCDP's solid uppipe which removes the exhaust scoop and installs a block-off plate on the back of the cooler. It also no longer connects the cooler to the uppie so no heat is transferred...

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Delete is the way to go, i have FCDP's kit and love it. If you live in the commie state of California though, block off would probably be the way to go since emissions testing.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I am also running the FCDP full delete kit as well but there are many out there that just do block off plates if thats what your looking for but i agree with the other guys full delete is the best way to go

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
if you are on a budget, juts do an EGR block off with the solid up pipe and cap, that way you have half the parts needed for the full EGR delete when you get ready.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Where are you located? I did my EGR delete for about $20. Some might call it ghetto, but it works just the same as any other delete. I cut my stock cooler up and took it to the local college welding shop and had their teacher tig weld a couple pieces, bought a hose and put it all back together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. This site is awsome yall help everyone out alot. You guys make a newbie feel right at home.

Abrannan19 what kit would you suggest.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. This site is awsome yall help everyone out alot. You guys make a newbie feel right at home.

Abrannan19 what kit would you suggest.
He would suggest his kit! He is with FCDP and they make a great delete kit.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
I got a stock cooler from my EGR delete that I would sell so someone could make there own delete.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I made my own delete kit, by cutting up the EGR cooler, paying to have it welded, and the up pipe cut and welded, and then buought a hose to hook it up, cost me less than $20 been running it like that for 30k+ miles with no problems. search for the "crack pipe mod" on the diesel garage it has pics and info on how to do it.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
He would suggest his kit! He is with FCDP and they make a great delete kit.
I'm gonna go with " Yes, he probably would recomend his kit" Aside from it being a great kit, he's a good guy to deal with. Great CS. Will answer any and every noob question you ever had. Ask me how I know. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My bad i didnt know thats who he was. Thanks for the help guys i believe i will just buy the kit instead of cutting stuff up.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Find a 1.5" steel disc about 1/4" thick and save yourself $400+.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
I'm gonna go with " Yes, he probably would recomend his kit" Aside from it being a great kit, he's a good guy to deal with. Great CS. Will answer any and every noob question you ever had. Ask me how I know. :D
Same here! :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
hes got a 05 so he has a scoop in the uppipe. You may have to buy a solid up pipe or you run the risk of cracking your upipe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts