Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stupid Kid
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddy are thinking about getting block plates for our 06 truck I was just seeing if anyone has done this and if they thought that is was worth doing. Mine is not puking and never has(and would like it to never puke) but does not have a chip yet and my buddies has elite tunes and pukes a ton, but only with the tunes loaded, but it wont puke with out tunes or even with the tow tune. So was it worth it. did it work.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I have a buddy that had a plug built for his 05 when it had a 6 leaker in it. I will PM you his # he is a good guy . You can call him now . I know the redneck bastard is awake till all hours. LOL

·
Registered
186 Posts
i put one in my truck last week. was kind of a pain. i had no trouble with puking, but i wanted to be safe.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
on the 04.5 - 07 u want to change the whole tube because it has a scoop inside that directs flow to the cooler. If u just put a block off plate then u will be loosing pressure to ur turbo.

Elite-Diesel.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
The tube is pricey:(

I am just enjoying a leak free existence right now and want to keep it that way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can. Takes a little cutting and welding, but fairly simple operation. Or you can get a freeze plug and drive it instead of the plate. We cut the scoop section out of mine and welded a piece of pipe over the hole. Cut the flange off the removed scoop section, capped it (it has to be short), and clamped the flange back on the end of the egr cooler, or you can drive a freeze plug in it to keep whatever out of the EGR cooler.

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
Becareful doing the homemade remedy. I know of a now-former Ford tech. would tried to do that behind the dealers back for his customer and it ended up filling up the guy motor with antifreeze from the EGR cooler. BE CAREFUL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If done right you don't even touch the EGR cooler except to unclamp it from the exhaust tube and clamp the cap back on. Sounds like the former ford tech wasn't much of a tech or didn't know how to correctly do the mod. I will agree, however, if in doubt then consult an expert and get it done correctly.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Becareful doing the homemade remedy. I know a now-former Ford tech. would tried to do that behind the dealers back for his customer and it ended up filling up the guy motor with antifreeze from the EGR cooler. BE CAREFUL.
:lame:

Harrison..you need to get your facts straight. The heads on that truck were cracked and ford wouldn't warranty the heads because of the rings that 'someone' installed. It had nothing to do with the EGR block off plate.

Talk what you know and know what you talk.

He isnt a former employee either! And thats not why he got fired.

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
That's what I was told from Stan L and another tech. from Mike Shad.... excuse me.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I KNOW THE EXACT STORY! and like I said had nothing to do with a block off plate. Before saying or typing anything else. You should go to shad and talk to him yourself.

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
Well, Stan called me this morning and explained everything. I made a mistake. Excuse me..... nothing worth getting your panties in a bunch.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Well, Stan called me this morning and explained everything. I made a mistake. Excuse me..... nothing worth getting your panties in a bunch.
therefore it was worth getting my panties in a bunch..if this was the 1st time I saw you post this nonsense then it would be one thing but this is the 2nd time I have saw it and said something about it. This is how stupid rumors get STOPPED. the tech at hand is one of my very very good friends and helped me build my truck..thats why I take up for him. No worries now..its all good.

S

·
0 Posts
I have one from Elite on my 06 and i got the scoop delete pipe. Was a 2 Hr
pain in the A** to install but works great!!!. I have taken out the block plate once already before taking my truck in for warranty and you do not need to take out the whole pipe just the block off plate. They are identical to ech other and without looking inside the pipe the dealer cannot tell the diff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just received mine about 5 minutes ago.

I was expecting a plate that would be installed under the EGR valve itself..

It's just a simple disc that goes into the EGR cooler inlet.

And I paid THIRTY FIVE BUCKS FOR THIS!!!!!

Oh well, My old man always said: There's one born every minute.

If it works, I'm cool with it.

JR44

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
MAN they have gone up. Mine was 10 bucks at the time and Tadd actually ended up giving me mine for free. It is kinda tiney looking isn't it?

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
One thing that can be done is go to ford and buy a 03' up pipe. It doen't have the scoop in it and go to an auto parts store to get a freez plug to weld in it . Thats what I did. I think the pipe at frod was $120, the plug was .38 .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts