Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 6.0 just recently found out the oil cooler and egr cooler are leaking. Ford quoted me 2,100 to fix it so im doing it myself. Heres my question. I wanna block the egr cooler off on both ends. would it throw any codes being blocked off and valve still in? I need to keep it looking like stock. I have a Chrysler service contract on it. Truck might have to go back in for head gaskets and thats covered with my warranty. My dealer told me he would would work on it if i deleted it but if Chrysler sends an inspector out and sees its deleted it could void my warranty.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
chrysler will cover the head gaskets but not the egr.. thats a little odd.. it is possible to throw a code with the egr deleted.. do you have an sct or other monitor you can clear the codes..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i do but i can't take it into ford with it tuned. i have a sct with eric's tunes. and ya all internal parts are covered it said but oil cooler and egr cooler are not. Also I'm gonna run the valve and the cooler but just block the exhaust from going into it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just want to know if it will throw a code if it has no exhaust flow thur cooler. will have the egr valve still in and pluged in.

·
It wasn't me
1,232 Posts
just want to know if it will throw a code if it has no exhaust flow thur cooler. will have the egr valve still in and pluged in.
My 05 threw a CEL with the exhaust flow blocked but the valve still intact and plugged int... I ended up putting a new EGR Cooler in it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
reddog where you located if your local here i can pull some strings and ford will cover everything, u just buy a delete and head studs and they will install them, ford recommends you put head studs in your 6.0 thats while they'll put them in, thats what they did with our 05

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am located in Catawissa, Pa. I don't have a ford warranty tho. i have a Chrysler service contract. and my truck is apart right now in my building waiting for my egr and oil cooler to come in.

·
Registered
717 Posts
05, how many miles?? you have 5 year 100,000 threw ford no matter where ya got the truck from. your not to fare away if its in those specs, i'll call ford see what i can do, then just put it back together and drive it down to hershey

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
i have 81,587 on it.
As long as you are under 100k, you are golden as far as mileage on the powertrain warranty. With that being said, your powertrain warranty expires 5 years from the date you signed the papers on the truck. Those 5 years may have already passed,they may not have....

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
05, how many miles?? you have 5 year 100,000 threw ford no matter where ya got the truck from. your not to fare away if its in those specs, i'll call ford see what i can do, then just put it back together and drive it down to hershey
Being an 05 depending on the date the truck was bought he's out of factory warranty

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only thing i don't know when it was originally purchased. i just traded my 06 in for this 05 this past February.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts