Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a block off kit from rudys but no directions on a install, can anyone help? I notice both plates are different so any help would be great. I am also doing a dd intake elbow

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you are doing a complete cooler delete, river city diesel has a pretty good write up on their website. It explains it very well and has alot of pictures to go with it. That's the best guide to follow that I've seen so far... There may be others out there though.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I believe you would have to remove the coolers to install the intake elbow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
^^^ That's why I had assumed he was removing the coolers due to the new intake elbow. I dont believe it will fit with coolers installed.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Paste the link to what egr delete you got off of Rudy's website if you dont mind. Block off plates are just what they say they are, blocking off the track to the intake.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I see the SDP is made by Powerstroker67 while the SPD is made by Elite Diesel. Sean (Powerstroker67) makes very good quality products. You got a cooler delete kit not a blockoff plate kit. Thats where it confused everyone with this 2008-2010 Ford 6.4 EGR Block Off Plate Set

Once you start removing the coolers, the plates will be pretty much self explanatory. The round ones will seal themselves while you will use the gaskets on the other ones with two bolts holding them in

·
Registered
41 Posts
From the website and pic of the block offs.......

Far left larger plate that looks like a football.....will go on the pipe that will Y off of the passenger side uppipe almost right behind the turbos

Smaller plate that looks like a football......will go on the side of the intake elbow where the vertical EGR plugs

The two round plates are going to block off the coolant and are on the front of the motor and held in place by ONE 8mm screw.

When you remove the EGR's it will be obvious where they go!!!!

SLOCRAWLER......Stock appearance would be like this.....Take the EGR off weld a plate on the inside blocking them off and install them back on.....Gives the look of working but NOT!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts