Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the rest of my parts today for the efuel converstion.

My problem is that I did not notice until I got home that Napa sold me the gates barrigade green hose but its not for electronic fuel (its only rated for 50 psi) I was planning on starting this in the morning. Usually not a problem but napa is 40 minutes away.

Will I be ok or should I make the long trip back to Napa in the morning before starting?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
There aren't any parts stores closer than NAPA?

I wouldn't use it unless you want to deal with ruptured hose later.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a discount auto but when i called them they had to order it that is why i went to napa

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok solved that problem.

Now, Ive taken all of the old fuel stuff out and found that my fuel heater / ipr harness is all melted and falling apart. Is there a way fix this without buying the entire harness?

The plan was to delete the fuel heater wires anyway but now they are all melted together.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sure, all you need is an IPR pigtail repair kit. Cut back all the wires that won't get re-used (heater, sensors) and tape off the cut ends to prevent any shorts. Cut back the IPR wires to clean unmelted wire and connect the new pigtail (preferably with solder). When you're done, all you'll be using is the two IPR wires, unless you're using the heater wire to trigger a relay for the pump.

IPR / VGT Soleniod Pigtail Connector Repair Kit 94-07 - Riffraff Diesel Performance

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Use shrink tubing over the splices and coat the soldered joints with a little daub of glue gun cement for a liquid tight seal then shrink the tubing over the joint.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet thanks guys. Mark I will be installing your kit tomorrow and hopefully have everything done by monday (if I can get enough time between wife, kids, church, work, etc.) So heres hoping!!! I will post pics of install when its all done.

·
Registered
432 Posts
just another option had mine apart and wiring was pretty bad needed to put it back together that day tore the harness apart peeled off the old insulation removed one pin at a time from connector and slid heat shrink over the whole wire. a little stiff but 1.5 years after I did it had it apart and looked the same as the day i did it

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
the shrink tube provided is the style with sealant goo in it. no need to add glue gun
iirc I removed everything but the IPR off that harness

1 - 9 of 9 Posts