Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt know where to put this so move it if need be. I have a buddy with a 05 6.0 CCSB 4x4. He says hes getting 600 ponies out of it. He wont tell me what all hes done to it. My guess is all hes done is studs, egr delete, maybe sticks and tuning. Will that get him there? I am a 7.3 guy and dont know much about the 6.0. I want to get a ruff idea on what it would take to get 600 or how much roughly it would cost. Thanks

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
without. He might of did some headwork/porting. I just figured I would see if he could reach 600on that before I called :bsflag:
It seems like higher hp is a little easier then a 7.3, but I have no idea what it takes to get there without the juice on a 6.0

·
Registered
586 Posts
less than it does with a 7.3 but still a descent amount of stuff

·
Registered
102 Posts
to get 600 on fuel with a 6.0, gonna need 200+ cc injectors and if a single charger it is gonna have to be 66mm or bigger, if twins a decent size set of twins. So also gonna have to have studs, upgraded fuel pump, transmission or clutch upgrades, an all the other little stuff. So gonna be a chunk of change

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If he has a 66mm turbo, and 200cc+ injectors....I think he would have close to 600 hp maybe a little more...

I ran a 66mm with 225cc injectors and ran a 12.9 at 103.5 mph.

Calculators put it at 637 hp at the crank, and 587 at the wheels. (Based on 7800 pounds.)

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dout its lived tuned. It was just hard for me to beleive he could get 600. I asked him for dyo sheets and he didnt have any:poke: He wanted to line them up and race instead.....I have a pretty much stock 7.3. I laughed and walked away. So thats telling me he probably doesnt have what he says he has for hp.

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
I dout its lived tuned. It was just hard for me to beleive he could get 600. I asked him for dyo sheets and he didnt have any:poke: He wanted to line them up and race instead.....I have a pretty much stock 7.3. I laughed and walked away. So thats telling me he probably doesnt have what he says he has for hp.
If you could get a good enough jump on him you might have beat him if his doesn't lite till 2200.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A 6.0 with a 66 is a laggy combo, even with good tuning. I ran a 66 last summer and although Eric sent me a few tunes that made daily driving tolerable, it was a dog down low. Now once that charger lit :rockwoot: you would completely forget about it being lazy on the bottom

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I have a stock injectored Excursion with that 66/74/12 running around for a couple of years now. Tows a boat. Doesn't complain about it. Just loving the mpg.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
So you would recommend that turbo combination for people who tow?
Also had it on a 250 with some 190s that would tow a dozer on a 25ft trailer. Put the truck to stock and it still made 400hp to the wheels. Towed it on the stock setting and ran it in tow/haul. It had some 34inch tires on it. Get out of FL and it might get interesting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts