Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size EDM nozzle would it take to get 600 hp with a full built motor and plenty of air with B code sticks? Could you use something like a .008 or would you need larger?

Thanks,

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would say many factors exist to determine this but I would say larger than .008 would be needed. I was at .009 and was at <500HP (Stage III hybrids not B codes). The SHO's are in the .012 range arent' they?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would put 200% factory enlarged nozzles on them. They are just shy of .012". Luke Cline has a set running on his. I'm sure he can tell how he likes running them. But we've seen real good results with the injectors we've installed them on.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
I would put 200% factory enlarged nozzles on them. They are just shy of .012". Luke Cline has a set running on his. I'm sure he can tell how he likes running them. But we've seen real good results with the injectors we've installed them on.
:whs: i know .012's are good for 700+... so .010 would prolly do 600 no problem.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Stock BD's switched over to 100% nozzles with a modded h2e, BTS oil and DD DP tunes did 502 about a year or so ago. 200's on a set of hybrids are currently in the low 12's.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I did 533 uncorrected with 20% over EH nozzles. So 600 should be a breeze with 200% EDM's.

Course so should 700, 800, 900....

·
Registered
299 Posts
What would be the max H.P. for a set of Beans-Cass hybrids with .008 nozzles?

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
Stock BD's switched over to 100% nozzles with a modded h2e, BTS oil and DD DP tunes did 502 about a year or so ago. 200's on a set of hybrids are currently in the low 12's.

100% over and you made 502.....I run stock B codes with .0065" nozzles and am at 488. What you are saying is I need another 80% or so to make up 14hp?

Something sound odd, I run a modded H2E as well.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
They work great, 600 on fuel happened with a 71mm s300 from bean. Im still running the 200's but have since went to twins. 700+ will happen on fuel.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
EDM nozzles and EH nozzles of the same physical size will flow different, EH flowing more. Correct me if im wrong.
That is correct but the atomization may be worse. I think that is the explanation for the improved performance of EDM nozzles that are larger than comparable EH nozzles. Those pictures of EH nozzles look awesome but perhaps the turbulent flow with rougher EDM nozzles is what atomizes the fuel instead of laminar flow with a nice radiused nozzle.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
i had okay luck with the old style eh..but ddp did some media research and made changes..2lpm made me a total of 35 hp... thats more than just nozzle size, its efficiency. with nos it went up 22hp.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ok damnit what's it going to take nozzle wise to crack 500hp?

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
Ok damnit what's it going to take nozzle wise to crack 500hp?
.0075" EH nozzles on B codes should do it. My .0065"n EH nozzle B codes are 12hp short of 500hp.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
john wood did 497 w/ drop in turbo and .0075 eh b codes from ddp.
I wonder what it would have done with a bigger lung? ***read my modded H2E

1 - 20 of 33 Posts