Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a sct and it works good but i read that the edge race tuner will do 250 + hp so why is the sct so much better i know i did not get 250 hp when i got the srl tune!!

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
On the 6.0 there is no way your getting 250 additional rwhp. There isn't enough air in the turbo or fuel from the pump nor the injectors to support an aditional 250hp on tuning alone. 420-450 rwhp tuned is about the best you will get with out no2

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Never see 250!!!!!!! Isn't marketing great!!!

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Marketing.... Is kind of like politics... Only trust what you can prove

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
On the 6.0 there is no way your getting 250 additional rwhp. There isn't enough air in the turbo or fuel from the pump nor the injectors to support an aditional 250hp on tuning alone. 420-450 rwhp tuned is about the best you will get with out no2
You wouldn't need NOs I believe matt did pretty close to 500hp on a 6.0 with mainly a stock truck. Yea like he said that's a hype n false can u imagine the timing n cylinder pressure they would try to do on a stock truck ur trans will fry quick. I did 250hp over stock with my setup will injectors turbo fuel system etc

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Not happening. To top it off, they also advertise in crank power, not RWHP like the SCT.

There is a reason so many guys have SCT's on here.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
There is nothing in Edge's documentation that indicates any Ford product making 250 HP, flywheel or rear wheel. I'm not sure where the "250+ HP" number (located on the product overview page Edge Products - Categories) comes from, but all the product specific documentation clearly shows significantly lower numbers. Just for reference, Edge's highest HP claim for the Evo is on the LMM Duramax, and that is only rated at 180+ HP.

Check here: Edge Evolution CTS and CS Reference - http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/whats_happening_article-pdf-35.pdf

Also, all Edge products are rated at the rear wheels, not the flywheel. The only way to accurately calculate flywheel HP is with an engine dyno. Since 99% of the dynos used are chassis dynos (of which Edge has 3), all comparison measurements and power ratings should be made at the rear wheels.

Finally, one of the main reasons many people run SCT is because nobody is aware of the fact that the Evolution can be custom tuned. It's not that the X3 hardware is any better or worse than the Evo, it's just that the X3 has historically been more flexible and there are a number of vendors that are able to write custom tunes for the X3. As more people catch on that the Evo, CS and CTS are also customizable, that may start changing a bit.

Take care.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Bill you forgot to mention that the evo can support remote ficm tuning which is pretty cool in its self. If I find one for the right price I plan on picking one up to play with.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You're right... I forgot! :doh: FICM tuning and ECM rollbacks, all remotely. ;) Heck, we've even had a customer "borrow" their buddy's Evo in order to get their cals updated. LOL Any port in a storm, I suppose. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts