Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , question for anyone that has used an edge programmer . Everybody is huge on custom tuned SCT's , but i have a 06 dually , manual tranny, that i'm not always the one driving and am concerned that if the wife or someone else is driving that egts and the like might not get watched and tear my truck up . i've talked to guys running edge products , and aside from only being able to use canned tunes ( no real complaints about that , most are very happy with performance from Edge ) they all sing the praises of auto backdown safety , and being able to reprogram on the fly . I don't need any radical gains out of my truck , but would like a little more power . I do tow with the truck , so I'm not planning any major mods to truck other than exhaust and egr delete later . Just wanted to post to see if anyone has any problems with Edge other than not being able to custom tune , or auto tranny problems . ( mines manual ) Thanks . :D

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
I still wouldnt risk it, our motors(6.0) are very picky, i would just get an SCT with some tunes from Eric and never look back, he can hook you up with some really good tow tunes if thats what your gonna do most of the time.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So , no problems with high egts etc running the tow and milder tunes on a stock truck? my main concern was having someone that was not watching gauges or knowing what to watch for wasting my motor by accident .

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to add that on occasion have be known to haul and tow much more than rated gvw and gcvw . Just fishing to get as much info as possible , getting ready to buy some stuff for truck , and want to get a programmer that will best suite my use .

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
i have an edge and when my wife drives i just have her arrow down to stock so there is no chance of problems. i love my edge i pull with it from time to time and have never had any issues with egts.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i have an edge and when my wife drives i just have her arrow down to stock so there is no chance of problems. i love my edge i pull with it from time to time and have never had any issues with egts.
Cool , how do you feel you trucks performance is with the edge ? ( i dont want a rocket ship , just a little more fool proof power .) I really liked the idea of adjustable defueling limits and auto back down ability . Anyone with a 6.0 using an Edge??

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have an edge, and honestly I don't know why people don't like them on here. I understand there problems with auto's but I have a manual too. On mine I can adjust 1-5 on the attitude and I have a 3 way toggle that also changes the power. All the way up on both and it just spins the tires. WIth the toggle down and on 5 theres alot of lag. I've not pulled with it either as I've not had the truck to long.

I would like to put in an SCT with custom tunes and see if I can feel a power difference though.

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
Cool , how do you feel you trucks performance is with the edge ? ( i dont want a rocket ship , just a little more fool proof power .) I really liked the idea of adjustable defueling limits and auto back down ability . Anyone with a 6.0 using an Edge??
for me it is plenty i dont need a 500hp truck. it is a good bang for the buck i got a used one from the classifieds. i have an auto and the only shifting i dont like is into od on a wot. gives a little black smoke when i get on it and i havent done the math on mpg yet but it has helped.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
biggest thing is no real control of the motor, no control of cylinder pressure, no control of fuel injectors, no control of turbo, no upgrade ability, no trans control (even with a manual its important) amongst many other things.

SCT custom tunes written for your trucks strategy

EDGE one size fits all

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
i had Edge before and its a world of difference from the SCT custom tuned. SCT is the only way to go...you can get whatever tunes you want depending on what you need for your truck.

I

·
0 Posts
Abrannan19, What do you think about the Superchip Cortex? Just wondering your opinion. I have one and I like it but is there anything I need to be aware of. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
the cortex is just like any other one size fits all tuner...no offense..its probably better then the edge, but still not the best

I

·
0 Posts
When I have some extra $$ I would like to try a SCT. I'd like to see what all the hype is..

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
can you get the unlock for the 7.3?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Just for clarification, the Edge Evolution DOES NOT shift on the fly. That is the Edge Juice/Attitude.

Also, the Evolution is capable of being custom tuned to some extent. We provide Evolution upgrades using your existing hardware or you can purchase our private-labeled version of the Evolution (called the Gryphon) directly from us. This way you can get custom tuning, quick programming, and gauges all in one package.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts