Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Project Shamu
3,161 Posts
Hey Dan you might hit up JCart, if I remember correctly his son had a lot of problems with his, but I'm fuzzy on the details.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
I saw his thread just this morning when I was doing research, but I already forgot what it was too lol. It was something that could be fixed with a software update, and hopefully not be possible with the CTS3.

Idk if anyone follows "The 7.3 Garage" on youtube, but he just got one (without any eas stuff) and he loves it, but I'm waiting to get more feedback from him since it's still so new.

It always seems to be "the trucks fault" for having a sh*tty OBD2 system somehow. I dont hear dodge or chevy guys complaining about them much, or even the newer fords too.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, Damnit. Four days ago, the 5th, I put in the new OBDii cable. I started the truck this morning and I have NO RPM reading -- but I do have a load reading, which it didn't do the last time the RPM didn't read. But notice the Dash tachometer.

·
PSN intsigator
7,402 Posts
Well thats shitty

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am pretty not happy. I just sent this email.

Dear Edge Products;

When will I get my new unit?

FOUR DAYS AGO I installed the new cable that was supposed to solve all my problems. Yeah, it worked for a couple of days.

This morning, I start her up and NO RPM READING!

Please see the attached picture. Please see that the CTS2 reads 0 RPM while the dash Tachometer shows her idling nicely at 660.

I may have purchased this back in February, but I did not get my engine and transmission rebuild completed until April 18th, 2020. This POS you sent me hasn't lasted 90 days!

I have been contacting you over and over. First, it was "couldn't read the EAS EGT. You sent me a new probe. It worked for a while. Then it began flaking out other gauges. You finally sent me a new OBDii to HDMI cord. It worked three whole days and this morning it has flaked out again.

So, how do I proceed to get this replaced?

So, we will see how they do from here.

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I saw his thread just this morning when I was doing research, but I already forgot what it was too lol. It was something that could be fixed with a software update, and hopefully not be possible with the CTS3.

Idk if anyone follows "The 7.3 Garage" on youtube, but he just got one (without any eas stuff) and he loves it, but I'm waiting to get more feedback from him since it's still so new.

It always seems to be "the trucks fault" for having a sh*tty OBD2 system somehow. I dont hear dodge or chevy guys complaining about them much, or even the newer fords too.
I really, really liked this thing when it was working. I liked having all the data and it drove my decisions - like the HPOP.

By the way, guys, I just drained some fuel from the filter -- ABSOLUTELY CLEAR!!! Thank God, I guess I didn't foul up the injector ORings after all.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Found the JCart listing Post #3

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Edge must have gotten my email because someone called me. I called back, but no one knew who called me and why. After getting passed around twice, I ended up back in tech support with someone who had no record.
He pulled up my record by my home phone. I reiterated that I want the damn thing replaced. I was on hold for about ten minutes. He came back and said they will replace the unit.

I sure hope the new one works.

·
PSN intsigator
7,402 Posts
Awesome, I hope it works too

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Glad you are getting some results, mine acted up once during the warranty period.

Now that it's out of warranty, different story. If I move the truck before it finishes loading, it shows a connection error.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
3,161 Posts
I have read in several places that Edge is usually really good at the customer service, but if they make a sh*t product, then it doesnt matter.

Hope it works out for you. I'm pretty dead set on the CTS3 because there isnt very many other options.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have read in several places that Edge is usually really good at the customer service, but if they make a sh*t product, then it doesnt matter.

Hope it works out for you. I'm pretty dead set on the CTS3 because there isnt very many other options.
Pretty well sums it up!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
New Insight CTS2 arrived today.

New: Insight CTS2 SN 201 055 667, Ver 5.11307.7715
Old 201 407 759 Ver 5.11121.7591

·
PSN intsigator
7,402 Posts
Hope it works for ya

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Earlier Serial Number, later Version . . . Yet mine did not need a version upgrade. Hmmmm.

Installed, and working. Of course,the original worked for 30 days or so. Hmmmm. We shall see.

Replacement was the head unit only. I was glad, as I did not feel like replacing everything . . . although I darned near did already.

·
Project Shamu
3,161 Posts
Headunit I would think would be the only thing to go bad right? Wiring doesn't magically go bad within a month or two but a defective unit would!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Headunit I would think would be the only thing to go bad right? Wiring doesn't magically go bad within a month or two but a defective unit would!
That was my thought, but they sent both the probe and the OBDii to HDMI cable.
Now, I finally have a new unit . . . . Let's see how long it stays good!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I've had the new unit about a week, now. One time, after 2 days, the unit rebooted while driving. I don't know why, it could have been something loose, but . . . .

I am now attempting to get my backup camera going. I shall report later.

Reactions: Lt.Dan

·
Project Shamu
3,161 Posts
Good news so far. I think.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I ran the video wire outside the truck to test out the CTS2. It worked for a backup camera. If there is power to the camera, the CTS2 switches to it.

·
Project Shamu
3,161 Posts
That was something I never understood, they made it sound like you had to select the camera for it to show up everytime, but your saying when the camera gets power (like a trigger from the backup lights), then the CTS will switch over to it?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts