Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for basic monitoring of my truck and to also be able to read codes. Do these both have that ability? Does one have more capabilities?

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts
I don't know about scan gauge but Edge has a good description on thir web site for the CTS

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've found the Scangauge II to be a very useful. With the programmable X gauges you have alot of options. Drawback is that you can only monitor 4 gauges at one time. Not sure about the Edge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I sell a lot of Insight / SCT X3 combos... good set up, I like the Insight, with the latest calibration it is very reliable and accurate.

We offer forum member discounts if you decide to go with Insight

Hope this helps
Dave

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
i say edge insight...hands down. I have the CS and love it. It's a little more money, but it looks way better than the scan gauge and can do nearly everything the scan gauge can. The scan gauge is cheaper because...it looks cheesey and cheap.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the scan gauge, works great but no comparison to the CTS. The CTS has a great display, I plan on getting it too and running both.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have the scan gauge, works great but no comparison to the CTS. The CTS has a great display, I plan on getting it too and running both.
There's no way you can run both cause doesn't the scan gauge plug into the OBDII port also? If so, you can't plug both things into the OBDII port at the same time.

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts
ScanTool.net LLC - OBD-II Cables - ScanTool.net I have one but it looks like they are back ordered untill oct 7 ?

what you can't do is run to programmers and some things will have conflict but I can use My sct and CTS or CTS and A/E to data log but if you send commands or do a Flash it will confuse the second device

·
Registered
83 Posts
I do not believe the OP has any display yet? I believe he is asking which one, not if both will work together.

If interested in an Insight we do have them available at PS Nation Member Pricing, sorry we do not carry the scan gauge.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts