Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Really considering a Edge chip for my E99 because the shift on the fly capability, easy read display and built in gauges. BUT how much HP will it give me, and can I get custom tunes put on it?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Whats the big deal? While the Juice is not the greatest, in his case he has all Manual transmissions, so the same ole same ole..."edge killed my tranny" does not apply to him. Granted the truck won't run as good as it would with a custom tune.

You can't put custom tunes in the Edge Juice, just the Edge Evolutions CS and CTS.

hope this helps
Jeremy

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
I am Really considering a Edge chip for my E99 because the shift on the fly capability, easy read display and built in gauges. BUT how much HP will it give me, and can I get custom tunes put on it?
Wait I am confused the evolution (thread title) is a tuner not a module like the juice is. The juice won't do much for you and can't (at least to the best of my knowledge) have custom tunes put on it. The Evo on the other hand can have DP tunes put on it IIRC. I am about to inherit a Evo from my father (he got swamps tunes to go with his stage ones) but the newer one with gauges built in. So I will find out the hard way if you can get custom tunes on it. The canned tunes on the evo are nothing to get excited about IMHO.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Hey and while you're at it, stack it with a banks six gun. Then you could put some Pensacola diesel 100hp injectors in and make 750hp. Don't forget to turn up the pump though!

·
STILL LEARNING
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would you choose that over a custom tuner?
Because I can see what position the tuner is in

Come on man how many times has this same question Been asked..
Dont know, but tring to search for it is redicilous. EDGE is mention in every other post

yep, i'm about to just start lettin people fuk up all the sh1t they can afford, then i'll chime in
Thanks for the help.:blah::blah:

Hey and while you're at it, stack it with a banks six gun. Then you could put some Pensacola diesel 100hp injectors in and make 750hp. Don't forget to turn up the pump though!
You are a big help too:blah::blah:

Wait I am confused the evolution (thread title) is a tuner not a module like the juice is. The juice won't do much for you and can't (at least to the best of my knowledge) have custom tunes put on it. The Evo on the other hand can have DP tunes put on it IIRC. I am about to inherit a Evo from my father (he got swamps tunes to go with his stage ones) but the newer one with gauges built in. So I will find out the hard way if you can get custom tunes on it. The canned tunes on the evo are nothing to get excited about IMHO.

Thank you for answering my questions and not busting my balls. You were apparently one of the 2 that actually read the title and my sig

Whats the big deal? While the Juice is not the greatest, in his case he has all Manual transmissions, so the same ole same ole..."edge killed my tranny" does not apply to him. Granted the truck won't run as good as it would with a custom tune.

You can't put custom tunes in the Edge Juice, just the Edge Evolutions CS and CTS.

hope this helps
Jeremy
Thanks, for in insite

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what is the importance of seeing which position you are in? It's not difficult to remember six positions and count the clicks from one side or the other... Not busting your balls, just curious why you would start a thread about Edge when you know enough about them only because you want to see the position.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Because I can see what position the tuner is in
Can't you do that with this?

Thank you for answering my questions and not busting my balls. You were apparently one of the 2 that actually read the title and my sig
Well don't thank me too much, I just got an email back from DP saying that they DON'T tune Edge Evos.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just out of curiosity, what is the importance of seeing which position you are in? It's not difficult to remember six positions and count the clicks from one side or the other... Not busting your balls, just curious why you would start a thread about Edge when you know enough about them only because you want to see the position.

With that theory, It is like having a fan speed display on your heater controls. You can hear the fan speed, why bother with a display?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a Dp tuner in my 97. I dont like it. throttle is entirely too touchy on anything other than stock. And YES, I have sent it back to get reburned and it is still too touchy. But I do Like the display

I was told PHP can do the Evo. I am awaiting a return Email

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you need an idiot light on your tuner then you don't need one in the first place. I never don't know what tune im in. Because its always in high
That will not work for me, because I actually use my truck as a truck and will melt the engine in high setting

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
That will not work for me, because I actually use my truck as a truck and will melt the engine in high setting
:blah::blah::blah: wtf are you towin? 40k? are you gonna have 400/400's? i could tow any trailer i have in my highest settin and not worry about a thing. if you scared say you scared and how do you have 6400 posts? what do you talk about because you obviously never hang out in the 7.3 section

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Brad, I think you need to see what PHP has to offer for what you are interested.

From a mod stand point there are a few of you on this thread that need to settle down.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have to apologise, when I read his first post he mentioned shift on the fly power....so I assumed he was talking about the juice, since the evo can't change power levels on the fly. I did'nt notice he said evo in his title. Sorry bout that.

Don't wait for an email from PHP, just join their forum, you get a better responce. They're really busy and don't get to emails to often.

IIRC. They will put custom tunes in the CS and CTS Evolutions and the old game boy looking unit, they used to do the evo2 which is the unit that has a display that looks like juice. But there was alot of problems with the obd2 cable on that unit. So I don't think they don't offer that one anymore.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.