Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ford truck newb
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new to me 97 powerstroke f250 with an auto trans. It came with an edge evolution that I haven't tried to use yet. I was wondering a few things about trying it. Number one truck has no gauges, stock trans. Would the trans hold up?

And also, can you use an edge evolution and a ts chip? I know on my old 24 valve I was able to use a smarty programmer along with a quadzilla adrenalin. Just curious.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You are unable to "stack" chips on the powerstrokes.

·
Ford truck newb
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ok. Thanks guys! What about the trans holding up to the edge evolution tuner? It's literally a brand new trans and TC but only stock spec nothing special.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
I would NOT use an Edge chip/programer with an auto trans. They have NOTHING in the programing for the auto trans and it burns them up FAST

·
Registered
218 Posts
My edge on my old truck made the tranny d some funny things, zf in my current truck with edge and its good, custom chip would still be better though

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been running my Edge programmer for over 200,000 miles now with zero problems. 250,000 miles on stock transmission and still shifts solid and feels great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts