Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at buying a 6.0 and i have been doing research on tuners, monitors, and gauges. If I get an Edge Evolution CS will i be able to send it to someone to have it customed tuned or will I be stuck with the stock power programing it comes with? If I can't have it customed tuned is there a way I can still have it as a monitoring system and just go buy a custom tuner, y'all got any recomendations on tuners? Thanks in advance!

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,488 Posts
Do not I repeat do not put an edge product on a 6.0 to tune it. Get an SCT tuner. The edge cts is great for monitoring but they are the nemesis of the 6.0 cost me a lot of heart ache and money by making the mistake.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm guessing that the SCT tuner flashes the computer with a tune from the OBD-II port, then I would plug the Evolution back in? I'm new to SCT and Edge products, all I had for my 7.3 was a TS 6 pos chip.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right so no Edge for tunes, I will just get one to be a monitor/scan gauge. I have heard good things about SCT for 6.0s. As far as over all engine maintenance and upgrades I am tracking that I will need:
Headstuds/gaskets,
EGR delete (I dont have emission standards where I live)
Coolant Filter
I plan on straight piping it
Maybe FICM maintenence or replacement
Blue Spring Mod

any other things I should be tracking?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok and thanks for the info FlossyB!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts