Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Edge Evoloution 2 with the gauges (guess that makes it a "2") and am curious about what program, 1 or 2 , tow or performance most of the people that use Edge have it set to....This is my hunting truck, mostly used on hills, slower speeds and i want to get the best MPG ...i have it set on 1 now (tow) and am curious about other guys experience...02 7.3 ccsb auto...I know that a chip is preferred , but this killed 2 birds with $200.00..programmer, and gauges.... also, turbo boost gauge shows lower than my Auto meter gauge reads? normal? only gauge i had, so the evo saved me some $$$$ Thanks for any help....rsbhunter

·
Registered
160 Posts
to be fair unless you run a ts chip you are not going to get much positive feedback on here if any. I run an old bully dog downloader. it works fine but the tow/economy tune is where your mpg will be greatest. i just update mine every 3mos. someday when im done playing/modding my excursion i will get a custom chip which is the best way to go but till then my "generic improvement" is still getting me great mileage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts