Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a edge insight. Also looking at a edge evo. I know from past exp that the edge with attitude will jack with my sct tuning. My question is though since the evo is not a signal interrupter like the juice module (evo is a flash tuner I think). Will I have issues using the evo for gauges? I'm wanting the evo for remote ficm tuning and possible ecm roll back ability. I'm also wanting to monitor more than my pillar will allow. I'm just thinking it would be easier to keep the pillar gauges and add a fuel psi gauge to the boost/ egt/ trans setup I have and then watch everything else from the edge. At some point I may ditch the tranny gauge and replace it with a hpop gauge and just keep that on the pillar.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at the scan gauge before and didn't really like it. I haven't looked at the newer version. I know that they can get fuel psi on them. I like the attitude monitor's size. Ill look into scan gauge if the evo won't work for gauges with out screwing with my sct.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Im not a huge fan of eye candy that would be something like the evo.

granted gauges alone are some eye candy to theives but not as much as something that looks like a gps.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The evo uses a monitor similar to the attutude. I've got a few out of plain sight places to put it mapped out. Pillar gauges arnt as easy to sell since you would need the sending units and stuff to make them work or at least that is my thoughts on it

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Just get the Edge Insight. It is a monitor only, no tuning so it wont interfere with any programming you already have.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
The evo will work fine as gauges, been running mine set on stock with an SCT for 15 mos. now with no problems. Like stated before SCT is the chit but sounds like you already know that and wanting something else.
Good Luck.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope planning on using the sct for tuning. Planning on using the evo to do ficm tuning and possibly reverting to an older strategy and removing new flashes ford deems nessisary to add to my truck that I may not want. There are actually a lot of things php is doing with the evo that makes me want one. It would be nice though to be able to use it for a digital gauge setup in conjunction with what I have. Who knows at some point I may end up running the gryphoon custom tunes as well. For now I just plan to use the sct for my pcm/tcm tuning though. Just want some clarification as to if it will interfere with what the computer reads and what is really happening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm still waiting for my CTS EVO that went crazy 2 weeks ago. Left me stranded for 3 days. If Edge says there is nothing wrong with the CTS, I guess I will use it just for monitoring and use the SCT for programing. Changed programs many times over 3 years with my XCAL2 without any problems. Had I know they were going to have the Insight CTS I would have waited.

The FICM tuning would be cheaper than the added cost of the EVO over the Insight by $100.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
I use mine for gauges and pulling codes. No problems. Haven't used it for anything else but my guess is it will work fine there also.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use mine for gauges and pulling codes. No problems. Haven't used it for anything else but my guess is it will work fine there also.
i have alot of assumptions since i havent personally seen a edge evo that i can remember. this is partially what i think and have in memory.
1 the edge insight plugs into the obd2 port only and that is where is gets power and all of its info.
2 the juice with attitude plugs in at the map sensor, as well as the pcm on the driver fender. this is where it gets its readings and power supply from.
3 this is what i would like a awnser to i guess.... the edge evo plugs into the obd2 port ONLY and is powered, gets info from and flashes from the obd2 port? also just plugging it into the obd2 port, will it be able to gather info like temps, rpms etc with out having to do any of the flash stuff (could you set the edge evo up while the truck is running) i ask this becasue if you can connect it and set it up while the truck is running then it likely will not interfere with any other functions of the truck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Answer to #3 It hooks up to the OBDII, any changes have to be made to each individual program. They can not be changed on the Fly. You will get all the info that the Edge unit will display. Oil Temp, Water Temp, Trans Temp, the main ones and many others. No fuel pressure as of yet. Edge says they will have it in the future but you will have to buy the special EGT sensor to add the fuel pressure later when it comes out. Also you have to buy a EGT sensor to monitor Temps.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
1. As far as I know the Edge Evo will display the same data as the Insight.
2. Only external plug in is the egt probe.
3. It hooks up to obdII port and is not in the way EGT sensor plugs into the side of the Edge obdII connector.
Shows any info that you would like. I use boost, egt, oil temp, coolant temp.
You can adjust any DISPLAY setting with the truck running, you can not TUNE the truck running (just like your sct x2) I also like warning features speed, temps, rpm, and various others.
When I hook up my Edge after tuning with the SCT I do it with engine off and let it do its song and dance then fire truck up to run a/c and adju st displays settings that went to default. Kind of a pain but the edge was cheaper than having an Edge then buying gauge for the SCT.
Hopefully this helps, I think I have answered your questions, if not pm me and I'll get you my phone number to discuss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts