Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my edge evo 15000 in yesterday. I have to say I'm really impressed with it! I would recomend it to anyone looking for some decent cheap power! Ran 17.92 in the 1/4 with it. Would of been better if I could of caught traction. Smokes pretty decent. Tested it on 2 different trucks. My 95 and my buddies 97. Seemed to smoke a lot more on the 97. It was a thicker darker smoke. I believe it gave the 97 more power too, but his has 10 more HP stock then mine. Overall I'm really pleased so far with it. Now I gotta get me some gauges on this thing! Now before this thread turns ugly. I'm not in anyway saying this is better then the 6 pos, because I don't know. I've never had a 6 pos.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just to give you an idea...

My TS 140hp tune has low end power like my wildman Tow Tune. and pulls up top like the street tune.

Now imagine what the Wildman extreme tune feels like, even with a stock weak HPOP.

you really wont these big changes till you change injectors, but I remember the first time I put a program on my truck....Its fun man, and really gives you the NEED FOR SPEEEEED!

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no gauges on this one. ive read that php can custom tune em but im not sure which ones they can tune

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Quick question how's the evo cheap power? You can get custom tunes just as cheap as and evo if not cheaper

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
he's probably saying cheap because you can get them on CL for 100-200 bucks all day around here.

96f350psd, are you from around the NKY area by chance?

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he's probably saying cheap because you can get them on CL for 100-200 bucks all day around here.

96f350psd, are you from around the NKY area by chance?
nky as in northern ky? no but im from western ky. around land between the lakes, murray, paducah. in the little town of cadiz

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL me too You got to remember, he has an IDI before this, so anything is fast
dont hate LOL, but i will say im SUPER impressed with the way this thing tows!

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
nky as in northern ky? no but im from western ky. around land between the lakes, murray, paducah. in the little town of cadiz
Ah ok, There's a truck I've seen in Florence that looks dead on yours. I been to Cadiz, It's a lot like the little town I grew up in Florence

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the one in my avatar?

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
yeah

P.S. Meant to say I grew up in Verona

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that one aint mine anymore. idk what happened to that truck. last i heard a guy in union city tn had it for parts to fix up one just like it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Glad to find a post from someone with an Edge. I have been thinking pretty serious about putting an evolution on mine. I was thinking about a multiposition but I know myself and I know I would be rolling coal and raising hell too much. I want a mild tune for towing a mileage. Maybe someday when I have more money and can do some other upgrades I may get something else. My truck has 270000 miles on it, so I don't want to go crazy till I drive it a while. I plan to slowly add stuff to it as my budget allows.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive had very good luck out of mine. had it for sale and no one bit so i reinstalled it. its still for sale if you want it. $160 shipped.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Glad to find a post from someone with an Edge. I have been thinking pretty serious about putting an evolution on mine. I was thinking about a multiposition but I know myself and I know I would be rolling coal and raising hell too much. I want a mild tune for towing a mileage. Maybe someday when I have more money and can do some other upgrades I may get something else. My truck has 270000 miles on it, so I don't want to go crazy till I drive it a while. I plan to slowly add stuff to it as my budget allows.
Hard to roll coal stock injectors, plus with a custom tuner chip and bigger injectors a tuner can make them barely smoke, my buddy catrebel has a set of 250/200s and they smoke less then a chipped SD

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess I wouldn't be rolling that much coal. But I know I have a heavy foot and I would be on it more than I should. LOL I don't have a lot of money to spend so I am trying to keep it mild, plus it is my daily driver. I will upgrade the injectors someday if it needs new ones. It had new injectors put in in the last 30 or 40 thousand miles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts