Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a 2000 7.3 excursion from AK 180k miles. Just had a new jasper trans installed and now working on some of the other smaller issues. After smoking the trans and installing new I want gauges so instead of doing the pillar gauges I went with the edge insight cts3. Unfortunately it will not connect or give me any info.. I tried the bluetooth obd2 with the torque app and no communication with the ecu. Another issue with the truck is the wipers wont shut off unless I pull the #11 fuse. Not sure if there is a relay I'm missing or if it is in the wiper motor? Maybe the to issues are related? Any tips or advice is appreciated! Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
check the cigarette lighter for power. the obd port and lighter are on the same fuse. if the fuse blows, no communications with the pcm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently picked up a 2000 7.3 excursion from AK 180k miles. Just had a new jasper trans installed and now working on some of the other smaller issues. After smoking the trans and installing new I want gauges so instead of doing the pillar gauges I went with the edge insight cts3. Unfortunately it will not connect or give me any info.. I tried the bluetooth obd2 with the torque app and no communication with the ecu. Another issue with the truck is the wipers wont shut off unless I pull the #11 fuse. Not sure if there is a relay I'm missing or if it is in the wiper motor? Maybe the to issues are related? Any tips or advice is appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just tried installing an edge insight cts3 on my 2000 7.3 yesterday and it wont establish a connection to my truck. Keeps saying it cant read the vin, I tried manually typing in the vin, still won't connect. Spent five hours back and forth with tech support they said it was my php hydra causing the problems so i pulled the computer removed the hydra, reinstalled computer, did battery drain, updated cts3 with the new updates, still not working, so ready to send this thing back. already drilled and tapped egt probe as well. They're trying to say the problem is on my end, however my scan will not read vin either, but it will read pids, codes and live data. Any help?

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
yea. send it back, and put an aftermarket EGT in. i do not like edge products.
their customer service sucks, and they think their product is the best thing since sliced bread.
there a lot of other options out there to monitor what the engine is doing for a whole lot less money.

Reactions: Jax

·
Premium Member
9,187 Posts
i had a cheap table mounted in my 02 running torque pro. i could monitor pretty much every sensor in the engine if i wanted to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts