Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just wanted to ask you all which performance program unit I should try and get. Mind you own a 2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 and I live in California (and they're stupid emissions laws) and I'm kinda limited on a lot of things I could do to my truck. First off the list of current upgrades: MBRP inc. 5" T409 Turbo Back with stock Cat exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake (Soon to swap out for a Volant Dual Ram intake with powercore filter), Philips Xenon Bi-Xenon 6000k H13 H.I.D. system, Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD w/iPod adapter and steering wheel controls(Soon to be replaced due to a never ending short someone involving stereo and steering wheel controls), stock height Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires.

Second is future upgrades: Flex-a-Lite Electric fan w/Shroud, Possibly Mad TurboWerks MadMax Turbo upgrade, MBRP inc. Cat Delete Pipe, 6" Suspension Lift kit, ARP Headstuds, Possibly Fire Ring Gaskets by Elite Diesel, Transmission Rebuild/Performance Upgrade by Suncoast Transmission.

Now my question is which programmer to go with... Edge CTS Evolution w/Juice & Attitude or Banks Six Gun Power IQ.. Which would you guys go with?:confused:

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Hey everyone. Just wanted to ask you all which performance program unit I should try and get. Mind you own a 2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 and I live in California (and they're stupid emissions laws) and I'm kinda limited on a lot of things I could do to my truck. First off the list of current upgrades: MBRP inc. 5" T409 Turbo Back with stock Cat exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake (Soon to swap out for a Volant Dual Ram intake with powercore filter), Philips Xenon Bi-Xenon 6000k H13 H.I.D. system, Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD w/iPod adapter and steering wheel controls(Soon to be replaced due to a never ending short someone involving stereo and steering wheel controls), stock height Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires.

Second is future upgrades: Flex-a-Lite Electric fan w/Shroud, Possibly Mad TurboWerks MadMax Turbo upgrade, MBRP inc. Cat Delete Pipe, 6" Suspension Lift kit, ARP Headstuds, Possibly Fire Ring Gaskets by Elite Diesel, Transmission Rebuild/Performance Upgrade by Suncoast Transmission.

Now my question is which programmer to go with... Edge CTS Evolution w/Juice & Attitude or Banks Six Gun Power IQ.. Which would you guys go with?:confused:
Neither of those are what you want for your truck, you'll want a sct tuner with custom tunes.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
I don't even know why those are options for a 6.0. I've had both, they are nowhere near the caliber of an SCT even without custom tunes. Spend the cash get an SCT with custom tunes and you will love it.

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
SCT all the way I use a Edge CTS for monitoring only it works great. edge sucks for programming on 6.0 had one blow up on me it was a $hitty day and had a buddy who had issues with banks. Both banks and edge are shift on the fly and only trick the computer not a true full programmer like SCT which is much better for your transmission and has custom tunes built to your trucks specs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK... It appears SCT is the winner in all of this and Banks along with Edge are pieces of garbage for not being a true programmer. Tad at Elite Diesel told me with there custom 150hp tune through an SCT unit it shouldn't have any issues with emissions inspection as long as I revert the programmer back to stock setting. Is this a True or False..?

Because that's one programmer I wouldn't mind getting.
:bowfast::confused:

·
JGman141
859 Posts
OK... It appears SCT is the winner in all of this and Banks along with Edge are pieces of garbage for not being a true programmer. Tad at Elite Diesel told me with there custom 150hp tune through an SCT unit it shouldn't have any issues with emissions inspection as long as I revert the programmer back to stock setting. Is this a True or False..?

Because that's one programmer I wouldn't mind getting.
:bowfast::confused:
This is a true statement but I'd go else where besides elite diesel for tuning, try drew at backroads performance. I'm currently running his raped ape tune and it's by far the strongest tune I've had.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
This is a true statement but I'd go else where besides elite diesel for tuning, try drew at backroads performance. I'm currently running his raped ape tune and it's by far the strongest tune I've had.
I don't have any experiance with elite diesel, But Drew with backroad performance is great. I got a tune from him and he has gone and tweeked things on it numbers of times to get it right(because im at 7,000 ft elevation) His tune right out of the gate was a night and day differance from the canned SCT tune. With some adjustments for my higher elevation this tune is awesome. His customer support is amazing. As long as you flash back to the stock tune before emissions testing then they should never know the difference, as far as monitoring goes I guess that's up to you. I'm not to into spending money twice so I got an SCT Livewire tuner/monitor and I can see pretty much anything I want with that so it works for me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just a reminder: make sure whoever does your programming knows that your running stock head bolts. They can tune for that and you'll be much happier in the long run, or until you get your ARP's in.

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Agree with what everyone said Drew is the man and with stock head bolts I wouldn't run anything above Drew economy/tow tune which is still solid. I really like it good torque and overall for stock head bolts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kind of HP and lbs. of Torque numbers are you guys seeing with the backroad performance programmers and which tunes? Now I'm really debating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts