Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've begun the journey. Here's the specs.
1987 Registered Diesel Ford Ranger
VT275 / Maxforce 5 (Basically a V6 6.0)
BD Turbo Thruster w Diverter Valve
5R110
203-205 Combo, Atlas, or Stak
EB 9" Rear
EB Dana 44 Front
Around 3.30 Gear Ratio
3 Link Front
Leaf Spring Rear
33 or 35 x 12.5"s

So I've been planning this build for quite some time. Now I've collected enough stuff to get started. I've picked up all of the bulk items except the T-case. A few years back I bought the 86' Diesel Ranger with the hopes of having a great daily driver that got unheard of MPG's yet could off road a little and still handle materials for work. Well as I quickly found out, the Government wants all of these old vehicles off the road and wants to control our choices in what we really want in new trucks. Screw them. So it sat as I couldn't find the replacement parts to get it back on the road. Well recently a lot of these had been showing up at actions, and over the past several months I've been able to find 3. So with one for spare parts I have one for this build an another for a Early Bronco. I can finally park my expensive rigs instead of killing them with empty miles for work. Best part is, I'll get an almost brand new truck for half of what it would cost from a dealer, and it will be more reliable and get far better fuel economy. So here are some pics and a video clip of the LCF running.

Next Project 1987 EcoStroke Ford Ranger - YouTube

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
^lmao. I love that the army is lurking everywhere!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
HOD.... Go suck-start a 12-gauge.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
What happens when something goes wrong with this build? Push it outside and tell everybody you don't have any techs that work and it was the parts' fault?

Maybe you should buy an F150 and leave it stock.

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sooo uhmmmm... hows that navistar diesel ranger coming....? :poke:
Man I've had like zero time and cash. Started pulling the top end apart for mock-up and have a plan for remote oil so that I can eliminate the fuel and oil filter housings and clear out some room to route the turbo however I please. Got the Diverter Valve coming and as soon as it get here I'll order up some T3 Plate to weld to the Y Pipes and start cutting the mounting plate for the top of the HPOP cover. The Atlas Tcase is pretty expensive too so trying to get some money together for that. Than things can really start to get rolling. Probably another month or so from really being able to get busy on it.

·
Bleeds IH Red
380 Posts
sweet. wish i got one for my scout. a month after my 6.9 conversion was done a trailer with 4 running VT275s came to the IH truck show i go to, full harnesses ready to run...lowest priced one was $3500! damn....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sweet. wish i got one for my scout. a month after my 6.9 conversion was done a trailer with 4 running VT275s came to the IH truck show i go to, full harnesses ready to run...lowest priced one was $3500! damn....
Sweet. I found a place in New Mexico that sells rebuilt longblocks for that but not including harnesses. Did you catch their name or web page?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts