Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
HNIC
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran through an advertisement that said getting your ecm tuned along with your ficm could improve performance but i dont see anywhere that messes with the ecm for tuning? correct me if im wrong please .. im just trying to gather info on it...

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
ECM tuning would be anything like an SCT X3 with custom files or the regular tuners. The FICM has to be sent out to get tuned. I believe PHP has some programmers that can access the FICM but I am not sure. Otherwise I believe Elite and Innovative offer FICM tuning.

There is a bunch of info on here about it and it does seem to improve things quite a bit by opening up parameters and giving finer tuning of the injectors themselves.

·
HNIC
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i got the ficm tuning .. just didnt think the tuner itself would be the ecm tuning even though it does make since ha ha :doh:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
yeah i got the ficm tuning .. just didnt think the tuner itself would be the ecm tuning even though it does make since ha ha :doh:
Ahh, I am hoping to get it some day :pointlaugh:

I could be wrong, seems tough sometimes keeping all these acronyms straight, but Innovatives site refers to the SCT tuning the PCM Not sure if the PCM covers the ECM duties or what or whatever shenanigans or going on under there lol :shrug:

The X3 is the next generation of our handheld flash device, with increased memory, a larger screen, and most importantly it gives us a stable robust platform to add continued support for new PCM types as they are released from Ford...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
ECM tuning would be anything like an SCT X3 with custom files or the regular tuners. The FICM has to be sent out to get tuned. I believe PHP has some programmers that can access the FICM but I am not sure. Otherwise I believe Elite and Innovative offer FICM tuning.

There is a bunch of info on here about it and it does seem to improve things quite a bit by opening up parameters and giving finer tuning of the injectors themselves.
elite isnt doing ficms yet. they will be once they get everything going but they are still testing.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
elite isnt doing ficms yet. they will be once they get everything going but they are still testing.
ahh, thanks for the tip, they seem to be extra busy lately anyways, hope things are coming together for them up there.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
ahh, thanks for the tip, they seem to be extra busy lately anyways, hope things are coming together for them up there.
things seem like theyre going pretty good. i know they werent happy with all of the other company's ficm tuning they tried so they should be good when they are done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts