Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the FICM rollback from PHP. I somewhat understand what this does. But what exactly does reflashing the ECM/TCM do. If I do one do I need to do both or what can someone give me some insight on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Reflashing the ficm will give you lost mpg and power if you are currently using the newest ford update which robs you of these. You will notice a big difference. As far as the ECM Reflash, eh. Lol. I have both and I don't know if the ECM rollback actually did much.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
During the 6.0 years Ford was changing (re-flashing) the strategy of these parts to "fix" some issues. While the issues were fixed some people noticed lack of power, MPG, etc etc after these re-flashes. PHP has been able to return these parts back to as build configuration or upload a strategy that worked best for these trucks.

Most people into modding will use an SCT device. The tuners write the custom files based off of what your current PCM strategy. Using the "better" strategy with the custom SCT file should give you better gains across the board. Add to that PHP FICM tuning which does basically the same thing they do for the PCM for additional gains.

It's hard to determine what really works for your truck. There are SO many trucks running different configurations of both older and newer strategies reporting their results.
You have to determine your current baseline PCM/FICM strategies. Determine if there are any "issues" (MPG, low power, etc, etc). THEN decide how to fix them.

Tuning the 6.0 has always been a VERY important element. It's proven good tuning (strategies) either stock from Ford or using an SCT or even PHP tuning make great power and MPG gains.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just did the PHP FICM reflash and it was well worth it, the truck feels so much snappier when you roll on the throttle, I have not yet done the pcm rollback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts